Saturday, November 5, 2005

YAY for FRIDAY! YAY!!

                        

Yay!  Hurray!  Today is my FRIDAY!!  This month I am working Tuesday through Saturday to give my co-worker Saturdays off.  My weekend is Sunday and Monday.  I really kind of like Monday off, because there is so much we can do away from the weekend crowds.  Since we homeschool Andrea, it doesn't matter which two days we take off.  I really need it to be the end of the week.  I'm tired and achey and don't even want to work today. 

Andrea is going to the Farmer's Market with Hank this morning, as she does every Saturday morning.  They are regulars and all they spoil my girl.  If she misses, she feels like her week is not complete.  Also, they bring back fresh fruit in season and hit the thrift shop nearby to find little treasures. 

As you know, this is day 5 of the November Challenge.  Just keep those cards and letters coming, folks.  You know you want to.  Think how wonderful it will be to look back on 3 weeks of gratitude. 

This morning I want to express my gratitude for our friend Hank.  When we left Mexico, we had no place to go.  Rob came here first and stayed at Hank's house while he began to look.  It was disappointing to find rents sky high and our income sufficient, but not to pay rent.  Then Hank offered to let us move in with him for a time until we found our own place. He made us feel welcome and never pressured us to move.  For months we looked and became more depressed each time.  Hank had a little house that had been rented for years.  I looked at it from the outside and decided it should be ours.  Stop me if you've heard this.  I prayed over the house, calling it mine.  Rob smiled at me.  In January this year, the guys gave notice!!  They moved!  Hank had a lot of work to do, but we moved into this house the middle of April.  We expected a reasonable rent, but Hank knocked $200 off the rent for us! Hank has a heart for God and was one of our most staunch supporters at the ministry.  He still supports it.  He gave us a home. 

Thank you,Lord for putting Hank in our lives.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow..that's a wonderful story about your friend Hank. He's like an angel-heaven sent. I will check out the link for November Challenge.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Gem :-)
http://journals.aol.com/libragem007/JournallyYours

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for my cat Michael.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Aww, that`s a wonderful story.
I`m thankful for my brother, Ron, who left his job to help me make trips to the hospital during my leukemia.  (I tried clciking the Challenge page, but could not get there. ) By the way, I sent you an email about my last journal entry. Sorry about that!
God bless
~Penny
http://journals.aol.com/pennietoonz/PennysPlace

Anonymous said...

Hank sounds a true friend, not many around who would do that. Jeannette.  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels