Sunday, November 20, 2005

Growing!

                                           

Just a few days now until Thanksgiving.  Today we had a Thanksgiving potluck at our church.  I swear to you, this is the eating-est church!  They love to gather round the table together.  It's a real blessing.

We had a different preacher this morning.  One of the young men that lives in the King's House next door gave the message.  He talked to us about our personal growth.  It was great.  It was the first time he had preached, but the message was clear.  We need to continue to grow. If we don't, we won't get closer to God and may find ourselves cut off from Him. 

I have to be careful each day to keep in contact with the Lord.  One bad day and I could be totally in the pits.  Friday morning could have been one of those days.  I think I've fried my laptop.  I spilled coffee on it.  The warranty doesn't cover coffee.  It's an expensive fix or the purchase of another.  There was also a wildfire right near us as I said before.  If my contact with God was not good, I could have been a major grouch all day.  I am kicking myself for the mishap, but it will all work out.  I'm growing!  No more coffee near a laptop!  Sometimes growth is downright painful. 

Today as we celebrated the Sunday before Thanksgiving at church, we took time to tell others what we were grateful for.  I am so grateful we've found this body of believers and that they are quickly becoming family to us.  And that's what I am thankful for on this 20th day of the November Challenge.  You can still join in.  Just make sure you leave me your e-mail address so I can send you back your gratitude. 

                  

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for the health of my family.

Anonymous said...

Great entry!  Who wants to live a life without growth?  Not me.  But I agree, it is painful sometimes.

Lori

Anonymous said...

I am thankful that John and I will have food for Thanksgiving, that somebody is bringing over some food.  More importantly, I am thankful that we are together to share it!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about the coffee and the laptop incident.  -=(

there are a lot of things to be thankful for...i need to get a potluck going this week.  yuuuummmm, food sticking yums.  

happy almost thanksgiving.

alice
sidenotescribbles.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Sunday's Greatfulness:
I'm Greatful I have found a loving chapel that has so many members who love the Lord. I'm so greatful to be part of our Awana program and to be able to watch these precious children growing in the Lord and getting so excited over his WORD!
Christy http://journals.aol.com/my3gifts/ChristysThoughts/

Anonymous said...

I hope that you can get the laptop fixed or can get a new one.
Love you, lj

Anonymous said...

For the first time my church isn't having a Thanksgiving meal.  We're currently under renovations in the auditorium and dining hall.  But it's all good.