Sunday, November 13, 2005

Sometimes it's the Little Things that Count

                        

This just looks so peaceful for Sunday morning.  We woke up in our separate places this morning.  Rob was really sick last night and as much as I adore him, I didn't want what he had.  Still, I missed his snoring and talking in his sleep.  Those noises are reassurance to me and I have learned to sleep with them going on. 

Andrea will be coming home after church today.  It's strange not having her here.  She comes into my room at least a dozen times each night and says, "Hello Mother" and pops out again.  Just wants me to know where she is.  She jumps in the bed to cuddle me and sometimes takes lotion to give me a foot massage.  I miss that little bundle of joy.

There's another reason I miss Andrea today.  It's her job to pick up the dog poop in the yard.  She and I agreed that we would handle that job if we got a dog.  Rob gets really sick doing it.  So Andrea accepted the job as hers and she's been faithful to do it every day. This morning, however, she is not here.  Rob came in and said,  "There's a lot of stuff out there . . ." and looked at me.  UGH!  I promised.  I'll do my duty.  So out I go.  When we first had the dog, we picked it up with plastic gloves.  Then we got one of those things that looks like a dustpan on a stick.  None of that was really acceptable.  In the pet store, we saw this thing that had a spring and kind of a claw for lifting said deposits.  Andrea wanted it.  Rob said we should buy it for her.  I looked at the price.  I always look at the price.  I embarrass them because I look at the price.  I said, "It's $20!"  To this they replied, "So what?"  I lost.  They won. 

This morning I have had the privilege of using that thingamabob for the second time.  First of all, let me say this.  I can't believe Sammy weighs what he does.  Not with the VOLUME of deposits he leaves.  And secondly  ::hanging head::  that thing is worth its weight in GOLD.  As long as we have a dog - I don't care what it costs - we will hastily replace it as it breaks or gets old.  There, I've said it.  I'll eat crow on this one. 

So . . . for day 13 of the November Challenge, I am grateful for creative "pooper scoopers".  Sometimes it's the little things that count.

Be blessed today,

        

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for microwave ovens and food processors and mixers.  How did my grandmother live without all these conveniences?

Anonymous said...

LOL! Those poop things DO come in handy! My mom used one at her house, for her two labs!  It saves a lot of time, and a lot of back breaking!  LOL!
You are right about one thing--It *is the little things!
Hugs,
Heather

Anonymous said...

How cute; I never saw a pooper scooper like that - we have the dust pan type - I'm going to look for the one you described.

Hope Rob feels better soon and you don't get sick. I bet you are looking forward to seeing Andrea very soon and hearing about her weekend retreat.

Today I'm thankful that I have a sweet Corgi puppy that keeps me company and is always happy and excited to see me when I come home.

betty

Anonymous said...

Lol.  I am thankful that the Lord is looking after my needs in unexpected ways.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

We have had a pooper scooper for years and would not be without it.  Hope hubby feels better soon.  What a lovely and peaceful graphic.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful that my friends are slowly seeing their way through bad times.


Jimmy