Saturday, November 12, 2005

Good Friends

          

Good morning!  Today is day 12 of the November Challenge.  I had a wonderful day yesterday.  A friend of mine drove down from Morro Bay to visit.  I hadn't seen her since our wedding four years ago.  We met in Mexico and through circumstances, we ended up living fairly close to each other.  We went out to dinner on the Ventura pier and had a great evening reliving our memories of Mexico.  She and her son spent the night here and we are having coffee and friendship together this morning. 

Andrea is away on a King's Kids weekend at the church.  The kids are learning more about themselves and about how to serve the Lord even if they are kids.  She was very excited about going.  We won't see her until services on Sunday.  It will be kind of nice to have the weekend to ourselves. 

I am grateful today for friendship.  I know a lot of people.  I have friends on the net that I've never met and still call my friends.  And I have a very few close friends here.  I don't make friends easily.  Those that I feel close to have passed through a barrier I have trouble breaking down.  I am so grateful for the true love that friends give to me without expecting much in return.  I really love them, too. Today I want to say thank you to my friends - you know who you are.  I thank the Lord for you.

Be blessed in the Lord today.  Love, 

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, too, am thankful for all my Internet friends, many of whom I have met over the years.  Like you, I don't make friends easily.  So these friends are treasures.

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for all my Internet friends.  Especially those who send John cards b/c it cheers him up so much.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Friends are a rare and precious jewel that are hard to find, whether online or off.  I'm fortunate to have many in each area of my life.
Hope you have a wonderful rest of the weekend, and thanks again for everything!
Hugs,
Heather

Anonymous said...

How nice to get together with friends and to catch up on old times and to share a meal :)

Today I'm thankful for automechanics who know how to fix cars well so my son could get back his independence.

betty