Monday, November 7, 2005

Grateful Again

                                

Don't you just think this little guy is the cutest?  I didn't forget to post my gratitude today, I'm just late doing it.  Andrea started two days of assessment testing this morning.  While she did that, Rob and I had a nice breakfast together and decided what things we would buy at the warehouse store.  I love going to that place, but we always seem to spend so much money.  Then we went on to the elecronics superstore and Rob bought me a new camera.  I have a very nice one, but it uses mini-cd's and I can't bring myself to waste a whole cd on just a few pictures.  The new camera is smaller and has a memory card which can be downloaded directly into the computer.  I like that.

I am grateful today for my health.  I crab and moan about it alot and have some chronic problems that plague me, but the truth is, it isn't all that bad.  Seventeen years ago, a doctor in San Diego said I would be in a wheelchair within 2 years.  I told him that wheelchairs didn't roll very well on the beach and I'd take my chances.  When we moved full time to Mexico, this is what was hanging over my head.  Soon I might not be walking.  I could never work again. But God had other plans for me.  In no time at all, I was volunteering at the mission clinic and caring for children in my home.  I'm still walking and I have a job. For that I will be eternally grateful. 

If you want to join me in the November Challenge start today.  You don't have to make up lost time unless you want to and it's okay if you skip a day - although I'm betting if you are feeling like skipping that the day you really need to find something to be grateful for.  I'll send your gratitude back to you in an e-mail on November 23 before midnight my time. 

Be blessed tonight my friends,

                                     

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today (Monday, Nov 7), I am grateful that John and I have medical insurance.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

What do doctors know? Mine told me 14yrs ago that my back problems were so bad I'd never work again and here I am in charghe of a hospital department!! Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to add my thanks to your replies :).

Last weekend my daughter called, our grandson who had a kidney disease, blood work came back this week much improved!!!

I have a friend who took ill.  His progresss in healing is very slow, he is doing much better :).

Betty
http://journals.aol.com/rap4143/MyDayMyInterests/
http://journals.aol.com/hhdecor2/HomeLifeDecoratingBlog/

Anonymous said...

Love your journal;

to add with my thankfulness:

I am thankful I live in a free country and can exercise my right to vote today.

betty
http://journals.aol.com/lv2trnscrb/Ofmini-pawsandmenopause

Anonymous said...

I missed yesterday so I'll put in my two right now:
Yesterday Nov 7: I'm greatful that my dad is still alive to celebrate his birthday, he had a brain anerysum 12 yrs ago and the surgery he had, he was the 3rd person in the world to have it. He has minor weakness in his right hand, because HE didn't do his physcal therapy as he should have...but he's alive and well.

Nov 8: I'm thankful that my friend has invited the boys and I over for dinner tonight and that I am bringing home made banana bread for dessert! :)

God Bless
Christy http://journals.aol.com/my3gifts/ChristysThoughts/

Anonymous said...

I think I might start doing this! Better late than never, and it has to make you feel like a million bucks after you're done!
Hugs,
Heather