Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Blustery Day

                       

Okay, so it's not morning anymore, but this is the graphic that's appropriate for today.  The wind is blowing like crazy here!  While driving into work, a gust picked up the front of my car and set it back down.  Boy am I glad I have a big, heavy car.

To address what I've seen this morning.  Banner ads above my journal.  I hate them, too.  I like AOL more than I hate the ads.  I'll tell you why.  I had a blog somewhere else.  I wrote in it for 5 months.  No community to read it, but I got spammed to the tune of 150 times a day.  I can't even figure out how to shut the darn thing down and their help channel is no help.  So, last I looked there were over 3,000 e-mails in that inbox.  I spent one whole day deleting them and now they are back!  Will I journal someplace else?  NO.

There is a sense of community here in J-Land that I have never seen anyplace else.  It's sort of like a one-stop blogging community.  I can IM you, e-mail you or send a note through journals.  I have a place to complain.  I already chatted with John about it.  I can send my opinion to someone else.  Yes, I know I can get AIM for free, but I like all the other stuff that comes with AOL.  Enough said. 

This month, we have been counting our blessings leading up to Thanksgiving.  Are any of you finding it hard to find another thing to be grateful about?  Sometimes it's hard to see what we have to be grateful for when the world is spinning out of control around us.  I feel that way sometimes.  My money is running out before my month this month.  What did I do different?  I always seem to have enough.  Well, there was that dental work, extra expenses to the government for Andrea's citizenship, warm jackets for my daughter and her kids who live in the mountains.  What, you say?  I should be grateful I could do those things?  I am.  I really am.  For the first time in many years, I am able to purchase needed items.  I used to have the belt so tight that even needed items went by the wayside.  I am truly blessed.  The belt is in a few notches until payday, but we are not going to starve, the bills are all paid and we had enough for some extras.  WooHoo!  Yes, I am truly thankful to have enough.  What are you thankful for on this the 15th day of the November Challenge?

Be blessed today,

                             

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful that all I have to do to avoid the banner ads is scroll down a tiny bit when I come to a journal... poof, it's gone.  

I agree 100% with you.  Although I wish AOL had not done this, I won't leave a community like we have here to blog someplace where nobody knows I'm there.  You and I may be the only ones blogging for awhile, because several folks are going on strike.  I don't blame them... but I'm not doing it.  What if I have a thought I need to express with the world out there?  Unable to type it into my journal because of a strike, that thought would die forever.  And who knows, it might not be trivial, like most of my thoughts!  It might be my pathway to greatness.  LOL.

Anonymous said...

Darn I cannot do an enrty in my blog :(
Betty

Anonymous said...

I'm greatful today that I have choices for internet providers and that I don't have to pay an arm and a leg for them, vs other countries who don't have so many choices.

(Since I've not done some of what I'm thankful for in a few days I'm going to write out a few more too!)

I'm greatful I'm an America and even though I don't always agree with someone in our government, even if I said I disagree I won't get thrown in jail or worse!

I'm greatful that even with my husband deployed, we can talk online or the phones vs previous wars...technology can be an amazing thing!

I'm greatful that even though I've gained weight, it's possible to lose it and that I'm finally seeing that I AM worth it.

I'm greatful for the wonderful friends I've made and that they love Christ!

Christy http://journals.aol.com/my3gifts/ChristysThoughts/

Anonymous said...

I feel the same about the journals.  Even if we all went elsewhere we would probably have more problems than we do already! Anyway, I like our little J-Land community and I`d really miss it if I were to blog any where else!  :-)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

I'm back, if somewhat haphazardly, to JLand and boy did I miss it this last week. Take care my friend.
Sylvia xx

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for the paycheck my husband brings home. It isn't much considering he is willing to die for his job but it is enough to keep us fed, warm, clothed and happy. It is nice to have things we don't need but to be able to say I have ALL I need is nicer...many don't have the basic needs at all.

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for my digital camera.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Great entry, I'm sticking around here too because of the community that is here. I don't like the banners and what they represent but I can live with it.

Today I'm thankful for people who face adversity with dignity (like you)

betty

Anonymous said...

I just now left a comment for your son....i can guarantee you it wasnt nasty and i know he had nothing to do with all of this...WOW, how upsetting. You have no idea how lonely and lost i felt before i started my journal and met you and so many others. I am so thankful i have this community to be there for me when i can not turn to anyone else. I love you..i truly do. I think of you every day and pray for you and your family. I wont leave. I cant. I am too dumb to start over!!! Maybe it will all blow over and in the end they'll come back. Makes me sick to my stomach that this is happening.
BE safe, my friend.
XO lisa jo