Saturday, November 26, 2005

I just had to post the pictures of Thanksgiving in our new home.  There have been quite a few firsts since we moved in last May.  This is special for us.  We loved Thanksgiving with the kids in Mexico, but they don't quite "get it".  Last year, we enjoyed the day immensely, but were in Hank's house.  As tiny as it is, this is our home now and we had a ball!

Andrea's friend Amanda stayed Wednesday night, so was here to help Andrea and me with the preparation of the meal.  I've cooked for an army for so long, it was difficult to get a small turkey.  In fact, I love turkey leftovers, so I just went whole hog (bird?). 

The pictures probably tell the story better than I can.  We shared our meal as well with Hank's worker and his wife.  It was a great time for all of us.

I won't linger on my thoughts about "Black Friday".  It's a shame that people have to hurt each other to get a bargain.  I'm worth so much more than that. 

Anyway, today is my "Friday".  I get two days off after today.  Then next week, I have a couple of extra days in the middle of the week.  I need them.  I would like to get my Christmas shopping done early.  As well, I need to prepare for the December Challenge.  Get your thinking caps ready . . .I think it will be an enjoyable time for all of us.

I'm so blessed to have all of you in my life.  Please pray for Carlene's husband Danny today.  He had a heart attack the other day.  This is also their 34th anniversary weekend.  Pop on over and give them some support.

Have a blessed day, my friends,

                                                   

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why didn't I think about taking pictures of our dinner for my journal!! Thanks for sharing... you had a blessed day, no doubt. Your new house looks cozy. I'm preparing a new entry to show off my husband's fish pond... it's still in progress, but you can come visit anytime... thank your for letting me into your home!
Bea

Anonymous said...

What wonderful photos!  It's obvious you had a happy and wonderful holiday!!  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

So, what DID you do with all the leftovers??

Anonymous said...

I bet Dufus was thinking "I wonder what that guy did to have that happen to him."   Penny...it looks like you probably have lots of left over turkey, you'll have to try the Turkey (Chicken) enchilada casserole I posted yesterday in my journal.   I agree with you about that people who trampled each other or slugged it out for items in the different stores.  It's unbeliveable...they are missing the whole point of the holidays.   Linda

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun cvooking the dinner! Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

GREAT pictures! I especially like the one of you with the turkey leg! And that bird...dufus?  What a pretty bird! Thanks for sharing!

Robin

Anonymous said...

A fantastic post and so many wonderful pictures. Having Thanksgiving with the family is a wonderful thing. Thank you for sharing!
With peace and love,
Charley
http://journals.aol.com/CDittric77/Courage

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny:

Wonderful post, wow did that bird turn out a beautiful bronze.   So you had a first thanskgiving in a new home too, like my son and his family.  Next a first Christmas in the new home.  I'm so very excited for you.  I wonder what was going in your pet birds little mind while he was watching you cook his cousin.  Bet he was a grateful bird hey?  Prayers for your friend Carlene and her husband.

Marlene-PurelyPoetry
http://journals.aol.com/mkolasa101/PurelyPoetry  

Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures; I think it was great to get that size of a bird for four people; I love turkey leftovers!

Looking forward to your December Challenge!

Enjoy your day :)

betty

Anonymous said...

I think Black Friday is nuts also.  I saw this thing on the news, where folks were trampling other folks onto the ground to get into a store to shop.  They actually pushed others onto the ground and stomped on them.  Some got hurt.  Just to save a little money.  Shameful.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Loved seeing the pictures of the holiday prep!  So glad you had a nice day and enjoyed being in your home for another 'first'.  Firsts are very special!

Black Friday -- by golly -- I avoid the malls at all costs.  I try to shop at small downtown stores and gift shops as much as possible and only hit the big stores or malls if I really need to.

We've cut way back.  Trying to get back to our old fashioned holiday traditions.  Tired of the rat race!

Anonymous said...

   Thanks for sharing your pictures, Penny.  Isn't it wonderful to have a holiday in your own place?  These are the times that truly make our house feel like a home.  As far as the comment about Black Friday .... Isn't it so sad to see people acting that way in the "Season of Goodwill ? "  I just don't get it.  I think we need to get back to the basics, and appreciate the season for what it truly is.  A time to care for one another, not just with things, but with loving thoughts and deeds.  Maybe it's incidents like the ones that happened yesterday that will make people think about how they really want to celebrate the holidays.  Tina http://journals.aol.com/onemoretina/Ridealongwithme

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pics!!! You are so beautiful and look how happy you look. Makes my heart happy. I want to come over RIGHT NOW and eat with you. Looks delicious!!  I am so happy that in 2005 you have gotten a home and you are healthy and have a job and that things seem to be in place. No one deserves it more than you my true friend!
XO lisa

Anonymous said...

Scrumptious pics - loved the little birdie who tried to get in shot a lot!!

Tilly x

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed reading your journal - hope you enjoyed the Thanksgiving dinner! Here in the UK, Thanksgiving is not celebrated on this day EXCEPT for the island of Lewis where I'm based at present.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip