Saturday, November 5, 2005

Thank You from the Bottom of My Heart

                                   

                               

First of all, I'd like to thank my Father, He loves me enough to have sent me to J-Land in the first place.  Thanks, Lord.

I didn't really expect to win a VIVI Award.  But someone out there liked what they read and nominated me.  You guys are awesome. I've got to tell you I felt like a winner right then and there. That would have been enough, but enough of you seemed to like me that there was a tie!  And now I've got a VIVI Award.  Wow! Can you believe it?  I guess you can.  A lot of you voted for me.  Thank you.

Then of course, I must thank J-Land's own Blogfather John  (without ME, you wouldn't have him) for encouraging me to start a journal. I have had more fun here in J-Land than I ever could have imagined. Patrick, Vivian, Gregg, Betty,Annie - you have all worked so hard!!!  Did I miss anyone?  Please forgive me.  I would never do that on purpose.

And the Awards Ball!  What can I say?  The clothes!  The shoes!  The accessories!  Betty was the perfect hostess in the main room.  I heard there were three ballrooms open!  Can you believe it?  If I'm not mistaken, there's a guest-book to be signed. Just drop by here and make sure you are counted.  Thanks, Andi, for keeping track! The conversation was . . .what shall I say ? . . .scintillating.  And announcers Patrick, Gregg and Betty kept us on the edge of our seats with anticipation.

Finally, and probably most importantly:

              

To all those who won awards!  I am in great company.  I'd also like to extend that same congratulations to all who were nominated.  You all deserve an award - to you I say:

                             

Now, without further ado, I am going to bed.  It's been a long and exciting day and I need my beauty rest.  By the way, if anyone picked up a pair of red shoes at the ball, they're mine. 

Blessings, 

                               

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you...and so well deserved, congrats!

Anonymous said...

Still sayin' YAAAY!  What a fun event!  I am going to have to send Patrick a batch of my cookies. ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

congrats!
~Julie

Anonymous said...

Good for you Penny !! You did good !

Anonymous said...

Oh, girl I thought you looked lovely tonight!  Did you see my pink and white pinstripes with the white satin embordery?  Congradulations!  I feel honored just to know some nominees and winners.  ;)  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

Happy for you , Penny ...Enjoy !! Tina

Anonymous said...

Hi Darlin :)

Congratulations on winning a ViVi Award. I am thrilled for you! :)

Always, Carly :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Penny, I'm so pleased for you. Hope your lost shoes turn up!!!! Jeannette.  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Penny, so pleased for you.
Sylvia xx

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your Vivi Award!

Anonymous said...

Penny I am soooooooo happy for you!!!! Well deserved for sure!!!
Betty

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your award!

Tilly
http://journals.aol.co.uk/tillysweetchops/Adventuresofadesperatelyfathouse/

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Penny on your Vivi Award!
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your Vivi!  :-)
http://journals.aol.com/upseted/JackiesQuirkyMusings/

Anonymous said...

Oh, Penny, congratulations!!  I knew you would win :-D!!!  You look so wonderful in red!!  I am glad you and Krissy wore red!  What a beautiful speech, too!  Take care and enjoy the win for a bit!  Blessings and love, Val xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ValsThoughts

Anonymous said...

Penny,
Can you hear the applause?
      Lo-o-o-o-ok at the crowd...they are cheering...they are getting to their feet....
                       Oh, How exciting!  
                                     A STANDING OVATION!!!
                                                                      Love Courtenay

Anonymous said...

Ah Penny, I knew it would be you.  Congratulations.  Thanks for sharing your life with us, for sharing your humor... oh... and for sharing your son with us too!

Anonymous said...

YAY for you Penny!!!  And you had the coolest acceptance speech last night.  What fun it was to watch you accept your well-deserved ViVi!

Congratulations ~~

~~ jennifer

Anonymous said...

Many congratulations on your win Pennie,  You totally deserved it, but as you say being nominated was wonderful too!  :-)

Sandra xxxx

http;?/journals.aol.com/labdancer51/SandraScribbles/

Anonymous said...

Hey, you were our little well-kept secret and now all those OTHER people will be wandering in and out of here <sigh> Oh well, I guess we couldn't keep you to ourselves forever!  <LOL>

Congrats on the VIVI!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

Anonymous said...

oh sure, play the mother card - ROFL!  the award is so well deserved, i have been blessed getting to know you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Penny!!!!

Christy http://journals.aol.com/my3gifts/ChristysThoughts/

Anonymous said...

congratulations!

betty

Anonymous said...

a very huge congrats!  I was so happy to see that someone I voted for WON!!!  WOO HOO!!!!  seriously, I love your journal and your beautiful heart, and hope you will be here in Jland for a long time.  :-)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your ViVi Award win! You had my vote!
Best wishes,
Darla ;o)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your Vivi, my Love.  You deserve it!  Great speech. :)

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

I'm *so glad that you won, Penny!  You deserved this!
Lots of hugs,
Heather

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!