Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Last Day of the November Challenge!!

                          

Today is the final day of the November Challenge.  I have already begun to put your lists together and expect to begin sending them this evening.  Since I don't have my laptop for the moment, I've gone to AOL through IE at work and yesterday I printed up 7 pages of gratitude!!  You guys are good! 

We've been having lots of computer problems here at the Perez house.  The computer Andrea uses won't recognize the Internet, my poor laptop needs ICU and Rob is having to let me use his computer to do my journal, read my mail, etc.  I am so far behind!  Your journals are important to me, but I haven't been able to comment as much as I want this week.  Have patience with me, guys.  I'm still here.

I am grateful today for those of you who have been open enough to share your gratitude with me.  When we were in Mexico, each year I would ask the children in our care what they were grateful for.  Then I would send their gratitude list out to our friends and supporters.  It was my favorite letter of the year.  Those kids were grateful for the most wonderful things - mostly having to do with their families and the Lord.  Since I have left, that letter is not mine to do and I miss it.  I guess that's one of the things that got me thinking of this challenge.  Could we find something to be grateful for every day?  Yes, we can.  Maybe I will come up with something different for December.  What do you think?  Would you like a December challenge leading up to Christmas?  If you would, send any ideas you have to me in an e-mail to firestormkids04@aol.com .  

Blessings to you all,

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm grateful for the wide variety of food we have in this great country, and in this period of time.  We can have any kind of fruit or vegetable, no matter if there's snow on the ground where we live.  And I'm thankful I don't HAVE to garden or can food, unless I want to; I'm able to buy canned goods at the store.

Anonymous said...

i am thankful for my family. family and God is the most important things to me in my life. and my dog too. cant forget him. i am thankful for all the things that i do have. things could be worse. something i wish for though is just for some peace of mind. my heart has been soooo heavy for a long time cause things always seem to come hard for us and when you see everybody else seeming to not having a hard time keeping from going under it makes me feel frustrated cause i always think what in the world are they doing different. we cant even come up with some of our basic needs and a lot of people are soooo worried about such small things. i just want to be able to feel content and be more trusting in God cause i feel the way i am always fretting that it means that i dont believe in Him and i really do. He knows that i do. i couldnt keep nothing from Him. right??? debbie

Anonymous said...

I'm grateful that I've found your journal !! Blessings to you and yours.

Anonymous said...

I'm most greatful for my freedom through Christ. I can imagine and know what life is like without Christ, it's limited, full of boundaries, fear, there's little to no grace, and so many questions, and most of all no peace.
When I was in Kansas driving on Interstate 70 West of Topeka there on the side of a barn there's a verse and of course I can't think of what book it's from but this is what it say "No God, No Peace......Know God, Know Peace"
I think it's from John, but not positive...but it's so true. Before we accept Christ there truly is no peace, with him there's a peace in my heart that I never truly knew before.
Thank you Jesus. Thank you for loving ME so much that you were willing and DID DIE for ME.
Tomorrow as I sit down with other wives who's husbands are in Iraq, I will be thankful that I KNOW PEACE. Thankful for a God-fearing husband, thankful we're raising to the best of our ability God-fearing children.

God Bless and thank you for reminding us what this day is truly about!

Christy http://journals.aol.com/my3gifts/ChristysThoughts/

Anonymous said...

I`m grateful that my daughter is home for Thanksgiving! :)
~Penny

Anonymous said...

As I was sitting in a magnificant Thanksgiving service at church tonight...I was thinking how grateful I am that I could go.  I have a car to take me there, I have a job so I can put gas in the car, and I live in a country where I'm free to worship my Lord and Savior in open...no hiding...no threat of prison or even death when I worship openly with other believers. My only regret, is that there are thousands who live in the US and other countries where they can do the same thing and for one reason or another they don't take the time.  What blessings they are missing.

Anonymous said...

Hope you guys have a Great Turkey Day!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind
http://adventuresofaneclecticmind.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Penny:  Maybe we can go down memory lane in December and recall happy Christmas memories.  In just a few seconds I thought of four special moments from Christmases past.

Donna

Anonymous said...

Sent you an email!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!  Lelly

Anonymous said...

Have a fabulous thanksgiving! I hope you enjoy the day!
With peace and love,
Charley
http://journals.aol.com/CDittric77/Courage

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday with those you love.
~Dona
http://journals.aol.com/delela1/BlueSkiesandGentleBreezes