Monday, November 14, 2005

John's Monday Photo Shoot

I've never done John's Monday Photo Shoot before.  It's not that I didn't want to, just that I was kind of lazy.  This week, I'm going to do both his and Krissy's Scavenger Hunt.  Love my new camera.  this entry is for John.  He asked us to find a picture of a man-made landmark. 

In August, we were in San Francisco for the day and visited many places.  Here is a shot of Coit Tower from a distance . . .

               

It stands on a hill in the middle of San Francisco and like a beacon, it can be seen from everywhere.  We truly enjoyed our visit there.  We drove up the hill and spent more than an hour wandering around outside, then paid a few dollars to go up top.  I didn't realize there were steps to climb after the elevator ride!    Here's a view from outside looking up 330 feet.  The windows you see are where we stood for a while looking out over the city.

                 

Be blessed today and make sure to go see Krissy and John and participate. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh! That's beautiful! Maybe I will play this week :)
Hugs,
heather

Anonymous said...

That looks like a great place to visit!  http://journals.aol.com/pixiedustnme/Inmyopinion/entries/1327

Anonymous said...

Oh very cool place to visit.  Lovely shots of the tower!

Anonymous said...

I love that second one! - Karen
http://journals.aol.com/mavarin/MusingsfromMavarin/entries/2101

Anonymous said...

Awesome landmark!  It looks really cool!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

I've been to Coit Tower; the view is magnificient from the top! Thanks for bringing back memories :)

betty

Anonymous said...

Awww darlin :)

You visited my San Francisco! I can't help it...I love it so much here I get kinda happy inside when I see others enjoyed there visits here. :)

Always, Carly :)

Anonymous said...

The second shot looks awesome!  Awwww, to love a camera!  I know what you mean!  Blessings and love, Val xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ValsThoughts