Wednesday, November 2, 2005

Happy Tuesday

                          

What a beautiful morning!  The sun is shining brightly and we are all up and about.  The pain in my neck (no, not my family) is diminished greatly and I feel almost normal again.  I am grateful to God for a good night's sleep, pleasant dreams and the wonderful life I have today.

Last night, there were police cars across the street at a neighbor's house.  We were surprised and found ourselves straining to hear what was going on.  We called Hank because he is a friend of that lady, but he wasn't home.  So we watched.  I got bored and went back to my room to 'puter some more . . .Rob put his shoes on to go boldly into the night.  Turns out some cows had invaded!  Six of them.  I wish I'd gotten pictures.  This is an industrial area, not farming.  They are still there this morning.  The owner is coming to pick them up.

Yesterday was also my first "dark" day at work.  I don't leave until 6:00 in the evening and now that daylight savings time has started, the place is so dark when I get ready to go.  We have to do a last check of the storage yard before leaving and put the cart away.  It's spooky going out there.  The cart has no headlights and the vapor lights just don't seem bright enough.  We have to make sure no one is locked inside.  I knew this would happen - but it seems eerie leaving work when it is dark. I am so thankful that I have this job.  I never thought I would work again.  They know my limitations with the fibro and like me anyway.  I just think it's wonderful. 

Here are the other things I am grateful for today:  All our bills are paid current, even the rent.  We have money left over!  We are RICH!  Well, not with money . . .we are a praying family and we have such great love.  Now how much richer can you get?

Be blessed in the Lord today,

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Penny, your posts are always so uplifting!!!! You made my day today!!!
Betty

Anonymous said...

Glad your neck is healing, I told you it'd take a few days. While you're in pain it's an eternity! Jeannette.  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels

Anonymous said...

Yes we are richer than some may think!!! Glad you had a good day.
carlene

Anonymous said...

You have each other, and plenty of love to go around.  One can't get any richer than that.  You are blessed !  tina http://journals.aol.com/onemoretina/Ridealongwithme

Anonymous said...

You are rich indeed!  

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

I agree Penny, yes indeed you are rich and to know that makes you even richer.

Blessing to you.

Marlene-PurelyPoetry