Thursday, November 3, 2005

Bird is the Word

                               

It's almost afternoon here on the west coast and I am just getting a chance to sit down to my journal thanks to all of you who responded yesterday to the November Challenge.  You can go there to read about it.  It will be going on right through November 23, 2005  at 6 pm my time.  I think this will be a lot of fun - as much as possible I am going to try to make your grateful lists very readable when I e-mail them back to you.

We had an interesting thing happen yesterday.  There are now more reasons to call our home the bird house.  Our friend Hank found an injured pigeon in the middle of the road and told Robert that I should come and take a look at it.  He said he'd tell me and then Hank wondered aloud if the badly broken leg should be cut off.  Rob told him not do do anything to the poor bird!  when I got home we went to see the bird and Hank had taped the leg.  I cradled him to my chest and took him home with me.  We set up a temporary cage for him and let him be.  This morning he looks very good, although we are going to have to have a vet look at the leg to see if needs more than we have done for him.  Their little bones are hollow and just not as strong as ours.  Now all we have to do is come up with a name for him or her.  We are going have to start hanging the cages from the ceiling pretty soon.

Well, guys, I found not a red dress, but a sparkly red sweater to wear for the announcement of the VIVI's.  I'll have to post a picture when I found out how and when the announcements will be made.  I have had more fun reading journals and goofing around about the voting for the VIVI's than I would ever have imagined.  It was a great privilege to be part of those nominated.  Win or lose, AOL-J is a winner in my book and those who write here are among the most talented of all bloggers.

In the spirit of my November Challenge, I am grateful to day for J-Land!  In the little over a year since I started this journal, I have become involved with a wonderful group of people.  I have met people I now consider my very close friends though we have never met in person.  Can't do that too many places without getting in trouble.

Be blessed today,

                                  

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know something....put that down for my number 2...journal land friends......
I have met so many nice people here, and to think when I first got my computer I was scared to death by the horror stories of the "people on line"!!! There are some bad people on here but then again, they are everywhere...I love J-Land and my J-Land friends!
(((hugs)))
Carlene

Anonymous said...

Well, it is a little past midnight, but not much, so can I put the second thing I am thankful for?  That I have a wonderful Savior in my life who is forgiving and loving.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink