Friday, July 15, 2005

Sammy's Got HIS home!

Sammy moved into our home this morning before I left for work.  I was a bit sad because I wouldn't be there to spend his first day with him.  He is such a sweet dog and I just wanted to lie on the floor and cuddle with him. 

We got an adoption packet from Homestretch Greyhound Rescue & Adoption that included all the pertinent facts about Sammy:  hes 4 1/2 years old, born 4/15/2001, his racetrack name was Still Waters (isn't that cool?), and they note that he is gentle, affectionate, playful, sensitive and a lap dog.  He's been sterilized and has all his shots.  We also got information on Greyhounds, a magazine about them, a discount at a pet store and other cool information.  The note on house broken said "in progress", but Rob called me earlier and said that Sammy was laying near the hearth, got up walked outside and did his business.  Good DOG!  We have a winner here.

When Andrea gets home tonite, she will be thrilled.  She wanted him so badly.  She was disappointed when the Pomeranians didn't pan out, but I think God had a better idea, don't you?

I've been writing in my other journal this afternoon.  Sometimes its hard for me to do that.  The memories are so poignant that I find myself tearing up as I write.  I can see myself then, and my kids.  How has so much time passed and the feelings and memories are so fresh?  At first I thought I would post at least once a week to it, but now I see that the time just has to be right.  Maybe it's a God thing.  Who knows? 

I hope you all have a great weekend.  I'm working tomorrow, but am looking forward to a good weekend anyway. 

Blessings, Penny

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope he continues to work well in your home!
~Julie

Anonymous said...

awww. . well 'welcome home sammy'. :-) I'm sure that Andrea will instantly fall in love with him. :-) God has awesome plans doesn't he? :-)
I didn't know you had another journal. . . maybe beacause my readings are hit and miss. :-) I love reading your work and if you're sharing I would love to read and know where to find it.
Hugs and Many Blessings to you this weekend.
Holly

Anonymous said...

Penny, I read your other journal in it's entirety today.  You are an amazing woman with and amazing faith.  Sammy will be happy in his home and I know that Andrea is a lucky, lucky girl.

~Miss O

Anonymous said...

So glad you got Sammy!  Let us know how Andrea likes him!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, you got Sammy!  I love the name Still Waters, we were going to call our house that but never got around to it.  He sounds lovely and I am sure he will bring you all so much love and pleasure.

Anonymous said...

Penny, WOW......YEAH!!! I am so happy for all of you. Add pics soon!
Love, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

I hope you`ll soon post a photo of Sammy...he sounds wonderful.  I`ve heard that greyhounds don`t take long to be clean in the house, even if they are ex-racers.  He`ll be a great friend for Andrea. :-)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Such a young dog.  How long does a greyhound live?
I am so glad that he found you.  And that he seems to be house broke.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

No better gesture than to take in a retired greyhound.  Although Poms are adorable.  Maybe your Pom is still waiting to be born, and Sammy can have a yappy companion?

Just a thought.  You will have a glorious companion.

~~ jennifer