Friday, July 29, 2005

The Friday Five

From Courage here are the Friday 5.  I really like reading Courage's journal.  Very insightful and fun at the same time. 

The Friday Five

1. What was your first job?

I got a job at a golf course coffee shop.  I was 16 years old and ready to make my way in the world.  It was a rough job for a little girl I was at the time - the men made some really awful comments.

2. How much did you make?

The minimum wage at the time was $1.25 an hour (don't say it - I know) - they made you report your tips and deducted that from your pay.

3. Describe your least favorite co-worker of all time.

I doubt she would recognize herself here, but just in case, I'll leave her name out.  She was our supervisor in the office - about 4' 10" tall and nearly as wide, though a snappy dresser.  She just never, ever shut up!  We couldn't get our work done.  Then she chastised us for not completing the days' work. 

4. What is your dream job?

I've had my dream job!  I spent 15 years in Mexico as a missionary.  It just can't get any better than that.

5. What do you currently do and do you like it?

I'm working in the ofice at a mini storage facility.  Strangely, the job suits me well.  It's not stressful, I can take and use my laptop when its not busy - they pay me for that!  It's the perfect job for a retired missionary.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting switch in jobs!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Will have to check out Courage -- Great answeres btw, I currently work with one of those people who can't stay on track and then wonder why things are left undone...  :-)
~Miss O