Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Plugging my hubby into the future . . .

It came today.  Rob's very own computer! I made him unpack it, plug stuff in and set it up.  It took forever - I probably could have set in up in 10 minutes.  But that wasn't the point.  More and more Rob has been asking me to look things up for him, usually followed by the statement, "If I knew how to work the computer, I would do it myself."  He had his first real lesson today.  Soon enough I'll have him journalling along with the rest of us.  One thing at a time, however.  He's learned to type in his name, get his AOL going and send an instant message.  Next he's going to have a few lessons on navigating the internet.  His new machine is as fast as my laptop.  Makes my other computer seem slow by comparison, and it's a great 'puter. 

Wierd thing, though.  This laptop has given me a sense of true freedom.  I can take it just about anywhere.  Wireless connections are in so many places.  I guess I am what you would call a severely addicted 'puter junkie.  It's one addiction I don't want to cure soon - or ever.  If I can get Rob addicted, then maybe he won't bug me so much.  Ya think?

For all who are wondering, the county gave me the day off jury duty to go have the medical tests.  However, I have to report tomorrow.  It's okay though.  This morning I saw a bunch of nerds just like me toting their laptops to the desks in back where there is a connection for electricity and a way to connect to the internet.  It won't be all bad - and maybe I'll get a chance to see first hand how our legal system works.

I won't have results of the test until next week.  Please pray that it's just my fibromyalgia driving me crazy and there's nothing else wrong.  I hate this pain, but can live with it if I have to.  Rather that than a trip to the hospital. 

Another milestone at our house today.  Andrea and her friend went shopping at the 99 cent store - we dropped them off.  Andrea said she would never ride a bus, but she and Amanda did just thaqt.  Spent their money, had a good time and came home by themselves on the bus.  Cool!  Scary! 

Peace, y'all.  I'm outta here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new computer!!  I bought one for my Rob last year on his birthday and he just loves it  He plays computer games at night and he has never been happier!  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Glad u got Rob "hooked" up!  :-)  And about the test too!  Sending prayers and good vibes your way!
~Miss O
http://journals/aol.com/missboogerhead/MissOsSoapbox/

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on Rob coming into this century!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink