Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Dufus and the Towel Rack

I've really done it now.  I've totally scared and ticked off Rob and Andrea.  It happened this way.

You all know I'm at jury duty.  Been here all day.  Got chosen twice and excused twice.  I've been happily playing on the internet in the interim, so it's not been at all bad. I've had a conversation with my friend Sylvia and a few chats with my Rob.  Its this last one that had me kind of flustered.

We were talking away when I remembered I hadn't fed the dog.  I asked Rob if anyone had done it.  He said he had and that Andrea would feed him this afternoon.  Then he asked me if I had read about the bird in our last chat.  I'd had to log off and run.  I didn't read it and then I got a kind of a hole in the pit of my stomach. 

Here's the gist of it:  I left Dufus on the shelf in the bathroom while I brushed my teeth.  Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him start to climb the towel rack on the door.  I forgot him.  Later, Rob and Andrea couldn't find him.  Thought the dog ate him.  Didn't know how to tell me.  Then Andrea (remember Dufus hates her? ) had to go to the bathroom.  Dufus attacked her!  Scared the pee-wa-diddly right out of her.  She wasn't hurt.  I'm falling all over myself laughing!

I know . . .I'm bad.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious!  It sounds like something I'd do!  :)  LOL
Glad they are both alright!
~Miss O
http://journals/aol.com/missboogerhead/MissOsSoapbox/

Anonymous said...

    Lovely picture, Penny !!  
    It's a long day waiting around, isn't it ?  But whenever I get called for jury duty, I remind myself that I would rather be on the jury, than to be the one being tried.  Puts it into perspective, doesn't it ?  Sounds like all is well with you...glad to hear it,   Tina

Anonymous said...

LOL that's so funny. :-) Thanks for sharing. . I needed that!
Holly

Anonymous said...

THATS WAY TO FUNNY LOL

Anonymous said...

oh, this was so funny.............. what an interesting life you have led so far. judi