Friday, July 22, 2005

Friday Five

Okay here I go.  This comes from Courage .

1. Who was your first best friend?

Becky Furman (I suppose that's not her name anymore).  she and her family moved in next door and we were inseparable.  They came from Ohio and I had no idea there was such a place.  Becky was cute and blonde and just a little chubby.  I was gawky and skinny, kind of a tomboy.  We have Bible studies and devotions at her house.  When I was 13, I went with her family to Billy Graham and received my personal salvation.  I miss her and wonder how she is now.

2. Who have been some of the most influential people in your life

My mom.  Definitely my mom.  She taught me about God and unconditional love.  There are others, I am sure.  There were teachers who helped me become who I needed to be, and pastors who were there to guide as well.  Our Pastor Reed is one of those people.  He always know how to handle a situation with peace.


3. Do you usually have one best friend or a lot of close friends?

I have a few of very close friends, like to think that they feel that way about me.  I have one friend who has stood the test of time with me and loves me anyway.  I don't do well in groups.

4. Do you believe people of the opposite sex can be best friends and not lovers?

For the most part, yes I do.  I think it depends on the maturity of the people involved.  I don't mean years, but wisdom.  In high school, I had two best friends - they were both guys.  One one point or another we had crushes on each other.  Gratefully, that didn't wreck our friendship.

5. Have you ever fallen in love with a friend?

More than once.  I married one of my friends and it was a disaster for us both.  I'm married to my best friend right now.  I think it helps to develop a friendship.  It has for Rob and me.  If we hadn't been friends, our love wouldn't have helped us over the rocky first year of marriage.  Of course, it helps when your friend and you also agree about the Lord.  That is the glue that cements us together. 

Blessings,  Penny

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great answers!  Will have to visit and try it!
~Miss O

Anonymous said...

Penny, do you know how wise you are? I do and i am so grateful for you. Love, lisa

Anonymous said...

They did come out nicely.  Thanks for your notes.  Go back in and check out the full moon.  I have been trying to do that for a while.  Oh, I finally saw the elephant.  Love your journal.

Anonymous said...

Great answers, Penny!!!
Peace and love,
Charley
http://journals.aol.com/CDittric77/Courage

Anonymous said...

Great quiz and answers. ~ lori
http://journals.aol.com/fitzzer/PurpleSnapdragons/
http://journals.aol.com/fitzzer/FoodForThoughtandMore