Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Wednesday

I must still be recovering from J-Land's anniverary party the other night.  I've been back to read, but just haven't had the gumption to write. And here's the deal - I always have something to say. 

This has been a sort of stressful week for me.  I've had one doctor's appointment for a small lump I found and have another today for further examination of it.  They probably will take a biopsy.  I hope it doesn't hurt.  Also, one of our watch dogs at work is very sick.  We thought she might have gotten some rat poison, but blood work shows that's probably not the case.  She doesn't want to eat and is just dragging around with a very sad look on her face.  My co-worker took her back to the vet yesterday afternoon to be euthanized, but the vet wanted to try some medication first.  Our emotions were going up and down like a yo-yo.  We both had tears as she took KT to the vet and then fear again as she picked her up and brought her back.  Will she die at home?  Will the pills work?  How do we get so attached to our animals?  They are persons in our lives.  I'm almost afraid to go into work this morning.

Andrea is back to her regular homeschool schedule.  This means I have to set up her work each day before going to work.  We have teaching time before I go and then correction time when I come back.  Andrea hates school work.  We are trying to get some testing done to help her, but the school district is lazy.  This year I'm going to insist.  She's a smart girl, but her rough start in life may have caused some learning problems.  We want to know how better to help her.  It hurts me to see her cry over the simplest math problems.  Makes me feel like an ogre for making her do them. 

I'm off to get myself ready for another day.  It's good to be a member of J-Land.  Thanks to my friend Lisa for searching out such wonderful graphics for me.  Blessings to you all.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It might be that math isn't her thing, maybe a different style of program, might help, my kids love  homeschooling and the program that we use, my daughter truggles at math too but gets through it, testing might stress her out more, unless you do it at home, but every kid is different, my daughter struggles with math, my son breezes through it barely reading the concepts , I too struggled with math, as did my mom , I jst tell Meg stick with it, someday it will click.
~Julie

Anonymous said...

I had a biopsy, and it didn't hurt.  It was the kind where you lie on your belly on an elevated table with your breast hanging through a hole, which meant my head was turned to one side for quite a while.  So I ended up with a stiff neck.  I went to work the next day with no problem.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you Penny. Good luck with the biopsy. Take care my friend.
Sylvia x
http://journals.co.uk/sylviam4000/JottingsfromtheSticks/

Anonymous said...

Sorry you are having a rough time Penny.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

I hope the pills are working for KT!  Keep us updated!
Hugs,
xo
HEather

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel - the words do not come for me, lately.

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel... they are our family aren't they?!!?  I actually took my cat to school as a class pet for the first 4 months we had him becaus eI couldn't leave him at home.  He drove the 45 minutes both ways, just fine.  The kids loved him and he loved them!
I will be praying about your health.  Please let us know if there is anything we can do and keep us posted!  <<HUGS & LOVE>>
About Andrea.  Is there anything that she likes especially?  Something she collects?  You can use all sorts of hands on stuff to help her along.  I'll drop you my email if you want any extra advice... not like you really need it, but sometimes a fresh perspective on things!
~Miss O

Anonymous said...

    Penny, my friend, you have my prayers for a clean bill of health.  All the best to you, Tina

Anonymous said...

keep us posted on the biopsy. In the meantime I am praying all results will be all clear.
hugs
laura