Monday, August 15, 2005

HOME!!!

I probably put in too many pictures again, but couldn't help myself.  What EVER did I get myself into marrying into this HUGE family?  There are brothers and sisters and aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces and nephews coming out of the woodwork.  Don't get me wrong, I love them, but they can be overwhelming at times.  I am so grateful we only saw these few this time.  It's a lot of family to absorb at once.

Andrea had an absolute ball!  She loved all the attention from the family and really feels like she belongs.  She looks so much like Robert that they are all questioning his whereabouts 12 years ago :) 

I am so happy to be home now, sleeping in my own bed with my own covers.  I missed the dog.  I missed the bird and I missed just being quiet for a time.  I try to think of myself as outgoing, but the truth is, I'd never leave the house if I didn't have to.  I could be happy forever right inside my four walls.  You can even go grocery shopping now on the internet.  Good thing for my family that I'm so involved in the church and have a job. 

Guys, it's just great to be back and reading all your journals again, not just popping in when they give me a few minutes.  I've grown dependent on reading about your lives and experiences.  Keep it up, my friends.  I love you all.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love those pictures.  Thank you for sharing a slice of your life with us.  Andrea must have loved making her first cake!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Yes, there is no doubt that home is best.

Anonymous said...

And we love reading yours! Thanks for thinking of us!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys had a ball!  I am so glad that you guys had fun!  And you can never put too many pictures in -- I like seeing everyone!  :-)

We are glad you got home safely!
<<HUGS>>
~Miss O

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you home after, what seems a very enjoyable trip. Take care of yourself.
Sylvia x
http://journals.co.uk/sylviam4000/JottingsfromtheSticks/

Anonymous said...

Grocery shopping on the internet?!  Oh mgosh what a great idea!!  Have you tried it yet?  Andrea looks so pretty with her cake!!  And what a great feeling to come home!  Have a wonderful day Penny and welcome home!
Lisa