Sunday, August 21, 2005

Thanks, J-Land

The bouquet is for those who have made the 2nd Anniversary of J-Land a success.  I just want to thank you all.  I spent a couple of hours in the chat room and had a wonderful time.  It was nice to "meet" so many people.

I joined J-Land nearly a year ago on Sept 16th, right after I joined AOL on a free membership.  My son John introduced me, but you all made me feel welcome here.  In that time, I've written a lot, read a lot and made a bunch of new friends. 

I thought I'd see what anniversary time was all about, so I did as many of the suggested things as possible and in the midst of it, enjoyed myself tremendously.  I made my first audio entry!  It was so cool.  I signed the guestbook for those who were in the chat room, I did the Celebration Survey, and now here I am closing the day with my own anniversary entry.

Thanks, AOL, for makings a journals community like this possible.  More than that, thanks to those of you who have become a part of my life.  I could no more give up my AOL membership now than I could give up my glasses.  I had a "blog" on another server, but had to give it up because I had been spammed to the tune of about 100 times a day.  The mail box had to be closed because I had over 5,000 spam e-mails.  Not here. 

AOL, do you smell cake? 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

    Hey there, Penny ... it was so nice to get a chance to say hello to you over at the chat.  What fun that was !  I am so glad to have the opportunity to get to know this wonderful group of people.  It does feel like a big family, the way everybody supports and cares for each other.  We are truly blessed !  Tina

Anonymous said...

LOL @ the Cake comment! I love the bouquet! It was great chatting with you hon!  And I mean it about the prom date ;)
Hugs,
xo
Heather

Anonymous said...

I know I have mentioned this before Penny, but it has been great meeting and knowing a great person like you.  I love you lots!

Love, Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Penny apple crumb cake....I have a recipe.  It was so nice meeting and talking with you!!!!
Vivian and Steven's hard work really paid off last night, didn't it :).
Betty

Anonymous said...

Sorry i couldn't make the chat!
Peace and love,
Charley
http://journals.aol.com/CDittric77/Courage

Anonymous said...

So glad to have you as part of our "little" community.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

I forgot about the chat!  Glad to know it went well!
~Miss O