Saturday, August 13, 2005

Saturday Morning

This is our last full day of vacation.  We are going to Rob's sister Irene's house to see as much more of the family as will come there to join us.  We always have a great time at Irene's.  She's a really neat lady.  When Rob was very sick after his accident, it was Irene (his little sister) who became his caretaker of sorts.  She managed his money for him, helped him pay his bills and just loved him no matter how unlovable he became.  Of his sisters, she is the most stable one and the one the rest of the family looks to.

Yesterday, we went to see Rob's dad in a place called Olivehurst north of Sacramento.  The house is huge and Rob's dad seems happy with Manny and Lupe there.  He says it's much more quiet and he can rest. His little house in Wasco was by the train tracks.  He built that house with his own hands.  The walls are very thick and the floors are nothing more than dirt covered over with rugs.  He was very happy there for many years.

We had hoped that my daughter Heather could meet us there in Olivehurst for a visit.  It's been a long time since I've seen her.  She tried very hard to get there, but at the last minute, it didn't work out.  I don't know how she felt, but I was very disappointed.  Though I keep in touch with my children over the internet and by phone, I long to see them in person and get my "mom" hugs.  Because I was in Mexico for so many years, it seemed impossible, but now that we are here in the U.S., they seem so close and yet again, so very far away. 

In truth, I'm looking forward to going home tomorrow.  My co-worker says it's been cool and overcast where we live and I'm ready for that.  The heat here has been almost unbearable for me.  I have a rash on my chest that I can only guess would be called prickly heat.  Now I know how the babies feel. It's been wonderful visiting everyone, but I am ready to slow down now. I guess I'm just a homebody at heart.

They say it will be cooler today . . . around 95 degrees here in Vacaville. 

Blessings, Penny

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

only 95? gosh time to break out the sweaters - rofl

Anonymous said...

Glad you are enjoying your vacation.  And yes, there is no place like home.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Tag!  I know what you mean... there is just something about getting to touch them and cuddle them that makes your heart content.  Jarod is entering that "boy" phase where it is uncool to cuddle!  I keep telling myself it is a phase that will end; but really only if I'm lucky!  :-)
Glad you got to visit everyone!  That is so cool about Rob's dad's house.  People just don't do stuff like that anymore.
<<HUGS>>
~Miss O