Friday, August 5, 2005

Fair thee well . . .

We had a wonderful time at the fair.  It was Andrea's first experience and she was all over the place looking at new things.  We had to park 4 blocks from the fairground, so I was nearly done in when we got to the entrance.  It was dollar day and opening day, but the crowd wasn't too large when we got there about 12:30 pm.  I think a lot of people like to go in the evening and enjoy the beer gardens and the rides. 

I looked for a place to rent a wheelchair, but it just wasn't in the cards for me.  I like to go through the commercial buildings, the photgraphy and art shows.  Robert likes to look at trucks and other testosterone building stuff and Andrea wanted to go on rides.  We got a little bit of everything.  I wasn't much fun for them, because I had to sit every so often.  Ther ferris wheel was great for all of us.  I got to sit, we had a fantastic view and there was the thrill of riding high in the air. 

Andrea's favorite was the bumper cars.  She had a bit of trouble figuring them out, bt had a blast ramming into other cars and being bumped into.  It's not my idea of fun, but then, I'm not 11.  We watched a few people riding the mechanical bull.  Andrea didn't want to try it (thank you, Lord!).  One girl got tossed in the air and landed on that air support like a bouncing ball.  Even Mr. Macho didn't want to try it.

We had a lot of fun with the animals.  Andrea didn't know there were so many different looking rabbits.  She had never seen a guinea pig, either.  She was really taken by the pygmy goats and let one suck on her finger for the longest time.  It was a great experience for all of us. 

I will never tire of seeing the wonder on my baby's face as she discovers all the new things in this adopted country of hers.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those goats with no ears are born that way.  It is a certain breed but I can't remember what one it is.  Looks like fun!  When I lived in Oregon I used to love the Oregon State Fair.  It is a really good state fair.  Now that I live in Tennessee I am sad, we don't have a very good one.
TRaci

Anonymous said...

Its lovely to know Andrea had a great time and new experiences. Take care.
Sylvia x

Anonymous said...

The "earless" goats are La Manchas.  A week from today at the Missouri State Fair, I'll be riding crazy rides with two granddaughters.  I bought us all unlimited ride wristbands, so we'll spend a lot of time on my favorite, the Tilt-a-Whirl.  I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hate the ferris wheel.  I keep thinking I am going to plummet to the ground and die on it!  Glad you had a great time at the fair!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

    Glad you all had such a good time.  Andrea looks so happy ... isn't that wonderful to see !  Tina

Anonymous said...

so glad you had a great time! But you realize bumper cars are like paying money to be in a car wreck, ... you can get whiplash!   LOL  but fun i know
~Julie

Anonymous said...

Bumper cars are totally AWESOME!! And I love the rabbits too.. they do get large don't they?  And can you believe it, Rob and I had our first official date at the county fair!  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I am 37 and my favorite thing is the bumper cars! Love them! I dont like the rides....too scary and i am too fat. I am so glad you all had such a good time together.....and i LOVE the pics!!!
Lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Arent kids and fairs and kids at fairs fun?  I love them (both).  Pennie

Anonymous said...

I refuse to take my daughter on any more ferris wheels - she thinks it's just too funny to rock as much as she can and make mommy sick! rofl

Anonymous said...

I have to admit I am with Andrea on this one... if I'm not suffering from a flare up I suffer through the next few days so we can ride it all!!!!!  My daughter and I LOVE the rides!  That's really neat about Andrea getting to see new things!  I love the look of wonder as well, since my kids are younger, I am still lucky enough to see it often.
<<HUGS>>
~Miss O