Thursday, August 11, 2005

Greetings from Northern California

I really tried to upload pictures and do an entry yesterday after we got back from "the city".  I was exhausted.  My back hurt, my legs hurt, my fibro was out of control.  When I started to put the pictures and comments, my 'puter went a little wacky and I was just too tired to care. 

We are home now from visiting Rob's aunt Tina and her daughter Elsa.  It was a great visit and we got to see cousin Roger and his grandson Richard as well.  Elsa taught Andrea how to bake a cake (pineapple upside-down, no less!)  We also ate burritos from Rob's favorite joint in town there.  Maybe tomorrow or Saturday I'll have those pictures to share.  Elsa was amazing.  She had brain surgery a few years ago and recovered from that only to be diagnosed with diabetes and high blood pressure.  About 1 1/2  years ago, she had a devastating stroke.  She's come so far since then and is doing everything for herself.  She walks with a cane and has a long way to go, but I am so impressed with her tenacity.  She's probably 5 to 10 years younger than I am.  Wow is all I have to say.

The heat here is terrible!  I never have done well in the heat and this trip is no exception.  I have no energy and sometimes feel like a 5th wheel with all the energetics around me.  Armando has been a wonderful host, keeping the air conditioning on for us. He's also our chauffeur - toting us around in his candy-apple red PT Cruiser. 

The pictures will pretty much tell about San Francisco yesterday.   We arrived in the morning and it was very cool and windy.  We ended up buying tourist windbreakers so we could be comfortable.  I took myriad pictures, some of which I may share later just because I like how they came out.  I probably put too many in here, but just had to share.

Tomorrow we will get to see Rob's dad and other brother and my daughter Heather is going to try to meet us there in Marysville.  I really have missed seeing her.  I hope it all works out.  Then on Saturday, we will meet with more of the family at Rob's sister Irene's house.  Sunday we fly home again, pick up Sammy and Dufus and get back to normal again.

I hope I get a chance to post again before we get home.  I miss beingonline.  I surely am addicted to this thing!

Until later, blessings to you all, 

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!  Your trip looks fantastic!  Looks like you have had a load of fun so far!  Thanks for sharing the pics with us.  

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Glad you are enjoying yourself. The pics are really good. Take care my friend.
Sylvia x

Anonymous said...

Penny, i went to Alcatraz in 2001...SO MUCH FUN! But the walk straight up that hill almost did me in. I love the pics and i am soooo happy you are having a happy time with the relatives!! Be safe, love you, lj

Anonymous said...

Penny, I am so glad you are having fun!  YOu can tell by the pictures that Andrea is having a blast.  By the way I love all the pictures, never can have too many!  :-)  Hope you fibro lets up while you are out there!  It's a bummer to be sick when we finally have an opportunity to be with our family.  
Something struck me about the picture you took form the tower... the lack of green makes me queazy!  I could never live there!  My hubby did for quite some time but returned to the midwest... liked it better here.
Have a great time and hope you are feeling better!
~MissO

Anonymous said...

Great photos Penny, you all seem to be having a fanntastic time and Andrea really looks happy.  Enjoy the rest of your visit! :-)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

    Glad you are having such a great time.  Penny, Andrea looks so happy ... she is beaming!  It must be so wonderful for you to see that !   Thanks for sharing the photos.  It was fun to see you and your beautiful family ... Tina