Tuesday, August 9, 2005

Landing and Flying

The shuttle Discovery landed here in California this morning, passing right over our house with a huge sonic boom.  It was impressive, though we had just enough fog here that we couldn't see the shuttle.  Rob and Andrea watched the safe landing while I pried my eyes open. Welcome Home!!!!

We are just getting ready to run out the door to the airport for our own take-off and landing.  Sammy is being taken care of by the people who have the greyhounds for adoption and Dufus is at Hank's.  The house is empty and off we go. 

Blessings to you all,  Penny

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Travel safe!

Anonymous said...

I love you...be safe!! HAVE FUN!!!!
lj

Anonymous said...

Yes, thankfully the Discovery crew has landed safely in the Mojave Desert.  And we hope you have landed safely in Sacramento !! Have a good visit.

Anonymous said...

How exciting!  It landed right over your home!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Safe journey, have a good time.
Sylvia

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this Penny!!!!!  This one is right here at home topic for us being that I live near Cocoa Beach and Cape Canaveral.  The rocket took off right here about 55 minutes from my home!!  We could see it from where we live and work.  I have been wondering if they made it home safe and praying for them this past week.  Especially given the fact they were using caulking that we use in the apartments to get them ready for move in to get home safe!!  I will call my hubby and tell him right now they are ok.  Geesh-we have kids in a NASA school you know.  My son's classroom probably watched it on tv.  They are linked to NASA.  They talk to the astronauts and have a kids space center that cost around 240K to build.  I had to get on a waiting list for the school.  It was a real answer to prayer that God let them get accepted to this school!  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

they were a brave, crew! being the first experiement after the accident!!!

Anonymous said...

Penny, thank you for all your well wishes.  I am hoping tomorrow will shed more light.    But I wanted to thank you for your support and prayers!
<<HUGS>>
~Miss O

Anonymous said...

so glad that the shuttle landed safely.
love your graphic.

kathy

Anonymous said...

We will be praying for your safe return!
<<HUGS>>
~Miss O