Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Oops! Missed a day!

              I think this darling little kitty also ate my Monday!  I certainly wasn't here to make an entry.  I thought my back was so much better, but it gave me fits anyway.  I cried "No fair!" but my body didn't listen.  Getting older is really a bear! 

Yesterday I did something momentous.  I made the first appointment to have my teeth fixed.  I guess the first one will be to take mouth impressions so they can make the partials, then they will fill the teeth that are damaged and get me ready to chew.  I am so excited!  I promise I will take pictures when my smile is new again.  I am grateful the Lord has provided a way for this to happen.

Since I missed a day, do you think I need two memories or traditions for the December Challenge?  Okay.  I'll try.  Until around 1998, our Christmases in Mexico for the children were rather small.  We did what we could to get a few gifts for the children and I bought a tree.  In 1999, a small group came to the house with gifts for all the children and adults.  They brought Christmas dinner and lots of goodies.  Each child had sent a "wish list".  One boy was named Dolores.  He was 12 years old at the time.  He wanted a watch very badly.  When he opened the box, there was his watch . . .a purply-sparkly girly watch.  He smiled, put the watch in his lap and said, "My mom is going to love this watch."  He never complained or even looked disappointed.  In him was the true spirit of giving.  Funny, but we were surprised a few days later with more gifts for the children.  In the box for Dolores was a black alarm chronograph watch!  His joy was overwhelming.  I'll never forget the boy's love and charity. 

I always cook a turkey for Christmas.  I do it with all the trimmings just as I did for Thanksgiving.  This year, we are making a new tradition in the Perez family.  We are having ham and all the fixin's.  Rob asked for ham.  At first, I didn't really want to do that . . .I have my own tradition.  Then I realized we were breaking the mold of Christmas past and creating new traditions in our new home.  Our little family deserves their own, not mine.  This is so cool.  New traditions, memories from the past and always the gift of the Christ child to remind us.

I'm on a sort of rant this year.  I won't snag tags that say happy holidays.  Even season's greetings is out for me.  I'm wishing everyone a Merry Christmas!  If you celebrate something else, then tell me and I will wish you the most wonderful holiday by name.  Happy Hanukkah!  Happy Kwanza!  Merry Christmas!  Isn't that better?  Really, now.  Let's not forget.  I'm not offended by other holidays.  Just by lack of respect for them all.  Let's not bunch them together and forget what they really mean.  Okay - - -rant over.  I love you all.

Be blessed today, my friends,

                                      Penny

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

For me, I wish everyone as Merry Christmas as well.  Too me, Happy Holidays includes both Christmas and New Years Day.  So I do use Happy Holidays graphics if I like them.  But not because I don't want to "offend" anyone.  

I know the true meaning of Christmas.  I pass that one to my children as well.  My daughters are 5 and 3 and this is the first year that we are doing the Santa thing.

You just have to be creative....you can use Santa to teach the kiddos about Christ as well.

My girls "get it".  That makes me happy!

Lori

Anonymous said...

love hte kitty. I was so glad when I got my dentrues finally ending ALL mouth work as I was so tired of it .

Anonymous said...

Oh Penny speaking of "Happy Holidays" I have the perfect cartoon for you! Sending it right now.

Robin

Anonymous said...

How I agree with you Penny, what on earth does happy Holidays mean anyway?  It will always be Happy Christmas or Happy whatever you celebrate, and quite rightly so.  May we all be able to celebrate our feast days accordingly. :o)  I too hate the ageing process, I don`t mind getting older but it`s the aches and pains that go with it I really don`t like!  I love the cat graphic...lol! :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas for me too. I agree with you.

betty

Anonymous said...

I agree, after all some of us who work in care professions etc don't have a holiday but we certainly have a Christmas. Lets hope it will be a happy one for everybody!! Jeannette.  

Anonymous said...

oh Penny...that kitty tag was hilarious!!
I`m with you on the holiday thing....Let`s call it what it is!
God bless..
Penny

Anonymous said...

What a touching story about the Mexican boy; so selfless.  It must have been a joy to witness his excitement when he received his own watch.

Tilly x
http://journals.aol.co.uk/tillysweetchops/Adventuresofadesperatelyfathouse/

Anonymous said...

Thanks for entering the comp.  You are the second one to submit answers so far.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Oops, can you send your answers again. They went into my spam folder and I intended to print off but deleted by mistake. So sorry.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/