Tuesday, December 6, 2005

Memories Filled with Love

                              

I like to think that Santa is looking in to see if we are celebrating Christmas in Jesus.  After all, Santa is the worldly adaptation of the spirit of Christmas. 

Yesterday, while I was at work, Rob put up some Christmas lights outside.  I come home after dark and it was my surprise!  Also, Andrea had cleaned the whole house so that I wouldn't have housework to do on my day off.  What a blessing to have these two beloved ones.  When I awoke this morning, Andrea was cleaning again.  She had just mopped the kitchen floor.  What did I do to deserve such love?

We might all ask ourselves that question as we think of the birth and life of the Christ child.  How much love God had for us to bring His only son to save our lives!  He gave Him a life we could relate to and the knowledge that loving Him could free us forever.  What a Christmas gift!!  All our other gifts pale in comparison, but we give because we love. 

I like to think of the special gifts I have gotten over the years.  I am a collector of dolls and when my children Heather and John were around 6 and 8 years old, the gave me a pair of Fisher Price Dolls, a boy and a girl.  No matter how often I tied his shoes, the boy doll's shoe would come undone.  Their names were Annie and Joey.  I loved them then and love them now.  They are care-worn and dirty now, far from being collector's items, but they hold the love of my precious children in their soft bodies.  As good a gift as the Christ child?  Well, no . . .but worthy because of the love they hold.

I hope you share your memories as well on this 6th day of the December Challenge.  Maybe your memories are new or they are ones in the making .  It doesn't matter. 

Be blessed today,

                   

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful entry! I am going to create the signature "Don't let Santa upstage Jesus"
We are on the same page! Blessings, Sassy
BTW~Over at http://journals.aol.com/debbted/SassysSecondWord
I am starting "Dog Day Tuesday" if you'd like to shar4e a doggy pic or graphic!

http://journals.aol.com/SassyDee50/SassysEYE

Anonymous said...

I was driving down the road today thinking about how the world changed the day Jesus was born...we are so lucky.  xoxo

Anonymous said...

What an awesome entry!  That was so nice of Rob and Andrea to pitch in and make your day off a fun one!  Happy Holidays, hon, and thanks agian for everything.
xoxo
Heather

Anonymous said...

There is an outside decoration I want but can't afford. It is Santa kneeling at the baby in the manger. Always brings a tear to my eyes.I have already been so blessed this month. It is going to be a wonderful Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Loved your graphic! I`m just thankful that every Christmas I had my family. My mom, dad, and brother. No divorce, no abuse, no fighting....I am blessed to have such a family. I always took it for granted, thinking that`s how families are...but as I got older I realized just how blessed I was to have such a happy, healthy childhood.
In His Love,
~Penny

Anonymous said...

OKay, here's my memory Penny.  Every year my Mom put up this manger creche.  I remember it being up all through my life.  She still puts it up!  That is over 40 years!  It is beautiful to see Jesus in his bed with all the other figures.  She told me that someday I would inherit it!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Hmm, tonight's memory for me was the night I decided to snoop for Christmas presents, to kind of see if the other kids were right about "no Santa". Well I did, and they were, and I spoiled my own Christmas. The next year, no snooping.

I still believe in Santa, LOL.


Jimmy

Anonymous said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the 1st sentence in your entry!
We tolerate the fat guy here. The kids have always known that it is mom and dad who bring the Christmas gifts. They know the stories of the legend of Santa Claus. If they want to visit the fat guy in the mall, they know it is okay to see him and wish him a Merry christmas. So far, only Jodie bought into the whole Santa visiting our house and she would leave cookies for him up until last Christmas.....why he would stop when he doesn't leave gifts she never explained to me.  LOL
But I believe she is ready to let go of the Santa fantasy.
I wonder how much daniel will go for.
Laura
http://adventuresinjuggling.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I'm catching up on journals.  It's been a busy week.  I did my Christmas Memory Challenge.  

Money is tight everywhere this Christmas, so I'm trying to help my Grandkids see the real meaning of Christmas.  That it's for Jesus birthday, not about their Mom leaving and "ruining" Christmas for them, like one said.

Anyhow check out my memory!

Darlene


Anonymous said...

Penny,

I am so glad that you are doing this.

It forced me out of a coma and helped me decide to write again.

So I'll be joining your challenge, though not on a daily basis, because that would be too much like giving up candy at Lent!

My first entry was posted today on my Blogspot journal.

I am really enjoying reading everyone's traditions and experiences over this sacred holiday season!

Hugs,
Maryanne
http://journals.aol.com/globetrotter2u/Myfeelingsarereal/
http://insidethegildedcage.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Wonderful thoughts of memories and how DETAILS really come to make a HUGE difference in our inter-realtionships. Excellent reflection on the gift of Jesus and Santa's spirit.

Merry Christmas!

Carlos