Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Just a note . . .

                              

These guys look so cute, and seeing as how I won't be able to add Christmas-y things much longer, I thought I should use them now.

My second day at work was semi-busy.  We were kind of expecting the boss to come in, so we did as much as we could on a drizzly and very cold day.  Outside work was out of the question.  There were still leaves to blow and sweep up, but it was just wet enough that Elaine couldn't do it.  We took some time to organize some files and take a look at things that will be taking place for us when we start the new year.

Can you believe we are heading into a new year already?  Have you ever noticed how much faster time seems to go when you are a bit older?  When I was a kid waiting for Christmas or summer vacation or another special event, time seemed to crawl.  As the years pass, they seem to pass quicker.  I will have another birthday next month.  I'm never afraid of birthdays or the numbers they represent.  Each seems to be a milestone and I look back fondly on the many I have passed.  Somewhere in the Bible, there is a verse that says a day with the Lord is like a thousand.  I guess that has to do with trying to measure time with a God who made time.  In His eyes, we are here for less than a millisecond.  Humbling, isn't it? 

I have a day off tomorrow.  I need it.  I spent so many days in bed that these two days at work have taken their toll on me.  I'm taking Andrea and Amanda shopping after I wake up.  Rob and Andrea have been warned to let me wake up without help.  When I know I can sleep in, I often wake at nearly the same time anyway, but I like the idea of having the option to roll over for 40 winks more. 

I just wanted to come out here before going to sleep to check some of my alerts and make an entry.  I am overwhelmed by alerts and e-mails, but will catch up sometime.  Wish I had my laptop back.  I could work from the bedroom and not have to sit in this miserable chair.  I can't complain, really.  There was a time not so very long ago that there was no back-up computer to work on.  I guess you could say I'm spoiled. 

Everyone else is long asleep and I guess I should be, too.  I pray you all have restful, healthy sleep.

                       

              Penny

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh P, I Understand Completely!  I have a desktop and sitting in the chair has caused some circulation and joint problems that have taken me OFFline for a good while now...to make matters worse...my 11 year old computer has started acting up in ways that canot be fixed.  The software just doesn't fit this old model anymore. Oh how I wish for a laptop and my BED...even the couch would be a vast improvement.  <sigh>

It's always something. LOLL

I hope you are up and about soon, and not shaped like a pretzel.

xoxoxoxo,

andi

Anonymous said...

OH yes its abusy time and we are so overwhelmed with all theset  puppies. having to take one to a vet this morning

Anonymous said...

Penny,
I LOVE your beautiful graphics! Where in the world do you find such great stuff? And how do you get them in your actual body of writing, I'm new to all this & can only put my pics & pitiful little graphics in the pic block at the top of each entry, you know what I mean? I would love to be able to incorporate my graphic into my entry! Let me know how, when you get the time.
And thanks for visiting my journal!
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Well, you were up pretty late last night! Later than I. I know what you mean about getting up at the same time even when you are off, but just having the option to lay there in the warmth and comfort of blankets and pillows is nice. You can relish waking up slowly. Such a luxury. Then it's all back to work and business again. Savor the moments, eh? Don't worry, you will get caught up on your emails, and if you don't, prioritize like you usually do. Take care, Penny.

Anonymous said...

Dear Penny,
Bless you for responded to my inquiry so fast! Yes, please , would appreciate you holding my hand through it!!!! Thank you sooo much!
Sugar

Anonymous said...

It's annoying when you can sleep in but your body wakes you at the same time. Then again if your body didn't wake you at the same time you wouldn't have the luxury of rolling over for more sleep!! Have a great new year. Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny!

I just love your sweet little card!  Glad you are feeling better!

Happy New Year!

Darlene
http://journals.aol.com/djohn52/AgeingGracefullyWithAllTheHelpIC/


Anonymous said...

Penny, I just love that cute puppy picture!!
Time definitely goes faster as we get older. Weird, huh?
All I`ve been doing since I got out of the hospital is sleep....guess my body needs it.
Love,
Penny

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwwww...the little doggies are so cute!!!!!
Hope you have an awsome New year!
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny! Happy Blessed 2006. Cute doggies & glad you got a day off! Sassy ;-)

http://journals.aol.com/SasyDee50/SassysEYE

Anonymous said...

Penny, Let me know if I can add your site on my pg. OK?
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

Dearest Penny,
God Bless you And bring you a wonderful New Year!
love,nat