Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Good Night All!

             I know, I know.  I just got back and now I'm saying goodnight already.  My first day at work went well and I am exhausted to say the least.  Andrea's best friend is spending the night and they are cleaning the kitchen for a well-earned bribe, Rob is watching some "bowl" or other on the tube, the dog is already snuggled down on the sofa and Dufus has climbed inside my work shirt and is sound asleep as well.  Little fart will probably bite me when I wake him up to put him away.  He's tried to get me to keep him with me when I go to bed, but I would hate myself if I smothered his precious self as I slept.

I couldn't have a better life if I tried, you know.  We have so much!  We worried when we left the ministry in Mexico  . . . would they treat our "baby" and our babies like we did?  Would they love the ministry?  We gave our lives to building that home.  -  They've made it better!  We just got their Christmas/New Year's letter.  I got tears in my eyes.  God was right when He put them in our minds and hearts to take over where we were leaving off.  Of course things have changed, but we had a chance to plant the seed and water it for a while and now they are bearing fruit for it.  Who knows the final result?  Only God and His ideas are far better than our own.  Isn't that grand??

And to top it off, I have the world's best husband, a gorgeous little daughter, we have a beautiful tiny little house in a place we can't afford to live, a job that will take me as I am and I am so very loved that nothing I could imagine will contain it.  I wish I could tell you it was all perfect.  It's not.  We're not.  But do you know what love does to our imperfections?  Makes them invisible!  That's right.  We are loved, warts and all and that's more than we could have ever expected. 

As you can tell, I am grateful tonite.  Exhausted, grateful and loved.  Can't get much better than that.

Blessings to you all and: 

                 

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU! I wish you were MY neighbor. We would get along so well.

Anonymous said...

ah YES so good to hear some good news I can use it. and this is wonderful that you share your blessings.

Anonymous said...

Awww, Let Dufus stay!  

(I sound like one of those Amnesty Intnl. activists:  "Let Dudus Stay!  Let Dufus Stay!)

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Sleep Well, Friend...it sounds like nothing is underappreciated tonight.  ;)

andi

Anonymous said...

Wonderful posting my friend.  I am so glad that you are blessed and so happy and that things are going well with the mission.

ttp://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Sounds great Penn, but you did a lot of leg work to get there- and I can tell you do plenty to stay there.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that all the work you put in at the ministry is reaping rewards now. Makes it all seem worthwhile I bet. Poor little Dufus, but you're right; you'd probably squash him!! Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

Penny, really, you are an inspriation to all.  I may feel a little blue one day or just plain mad at the world...I come to visit here and well, God is still having you do his work...I am reminded to be grateful and appreciate all that I have.

Glad you are feeling better!

Anonymous said...

PENNY

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY...I LIKE YOUR JOURNAL...I WILL BE BACK

KISHA

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny,  it`s so nice to hear you say how good your life is. It`s also great to hear that you left your ministry is safe hands and that it has flourished.  A lovely entry :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hello there Penny - what a wonderful sharing of gratitude here my friend.  Just lifts me up higher and higher to read it. I'd like to highlight the sentences that stood out to me the most and thank you for pouring them forth:

Only God and His ideas are far better than our own.  Isn't that grand??

But do you know what love does to our imperfections?  Makes them invisible!

Powerful stuff here and it shows me that you did not give up your ministry, just the place you were doing it before.  Keep on keeping on, I hear you loud and clear Penny way down here in Florida .  

Marlene-PurelyPoetry
http://journals.aol.com/mkolasa101/PurelyPoetry


Anonymous said...

It really doesn't get much better than that! Hope you got a nice quiet peaceful night...


Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Penny!
I`ve been in the hospital, but I`m home now.
Love,Penny

Anonymous said...

Hi there, thought I'd drop by & say Happy Holidays! I enjoyed reading your journal, seems we have some things in common. I was a missionary serving in Africa, Honduras, & Philippines (over 30 yrs ago). Am an ordained minister, retired nurse, on disability now. Check out my profile...& come visit me sometime.
God Bless you & yours,
Rev. P.L.  "Sugar" Lewis

Anonymous said...

Dear Penny ,
(((HUgs))))
and Happy New Year Soon! You sound better an I hope youare!
love,natalie

Anonymous said...

Dear Penny ,
(((HUgs))))
and Happy New Year Soon! You sound better an I hope youare!
love,natalie

Anonymous said...

    Sounds like you are truly blessed.  And, best of all, you realize it !  So many people don't.  I think we all need to stop and take a look at what we have been given.  Sure we all have our problems, but most of us have more blessings than stressings in our life.  We just forget to acknowledge them.  Here's to you for pointing that out !  Tina http://journals.aol.com/onemoretina/Ridealongwithme