Wednesday, March 2, 2005

Good morning all!  I don't what's up with me, but I have been sleeping in lately.  Rob says it's after effects of the anesthesia, but it's been more than 2 weeks now.  I think it's just my time to feel and act a little lazy.  Usually, I'm up by 7 am and ready to go.

I got a job offer the other day!  I haven't had a "real" job for many years - about 17.  Of course, being the director of a children's home in a foreign country is technically a job, but it was something I did for God, and I never felt it was "work" if you know what I mean. 

Our pastor has a job opening in the office of the storage place he works and he wants me to take the job.  Rob and I have prayed about it and feel this is our next step.  It will be wierd for me, but I kinda like the idea.  Andrea hates it - she says moms are supposed to stay home and dads are supposed to go out to work.  Boy did she get some news when I told her about her brother John, his wife, Krissy and their daughter Athena!  As you all know, John is the one who stays home with Athena.  This is not to say he doesn't work, just that stereotypes don't cut it anymore.

We told Hank about the job offer and asked him to keep his eyes peeled for a 2nd car for us.  We had a car and truck, but the truck went back to Mexico to live.  On Sunday, we were talking to the pastor and his wife about their new car and she said she had to get rid of her other one.  Rob asked how much she would sell it for and she said she would give us the car!  We are thrilled.  It's a gas hog, but will only be used for emergencies anyway.

It just feels like God is setting the stage for us.  We get out of the way and take the necessary steps and He directs the action.  I'm grateful that I'm not as resistant as I was when I was young!

Have a blessed day!

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It does seem as though things are going your way and I am very pleased for you. I`m still not feeling as good as I thought since my surgery just a couple of days after yours.  I think I`ve been a bit too keen to use my hand, consequently I am paying the price for it now.  My elbow is very painful but it is my own fault. I`m trying hard just to use my one good arm now !  Take care Penny.  Sandra xxx