Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Krissy's Photo Scavenger Hunt

I'm cheating a little bit!  Krissy wants pictures of "Fun" and I put up Andrea on the trampoline and Andrea playing with dolls.  Truth is, watching her have fun is fun for me.  When we were in Mexico, she didn't have this kind of fun.  There were just too many kids around and because she was our daughter, the kids in the home often ganged up on her.  Poor baby!

Now, however, Andrea gets to have her own fun.  It's such a blessing for us to watch it!  I have a feeling of true joy when I hear her laugh and see her play.

So, this is my fun.  Like Andrea, I love to have dolls around.  Have been collecting them since I was 8 years old.  Each time one is added to the collection, I put her (or him) in my bed for a night to let them know they are home now.  I don't play dress-up with them anymore, but it is neat to look around our room and see my dolls on display. 

I wouldn't like the trampoline, however.  My bones are a bit too fragile for that.  Younger, I would have joined her and fallen apart with the giggles. 

Lest you think that I am living vicariously through my daughter, I am not.  Fun is where you find it and the sheer joy of raising a child now that I am older is much more fun than when I was young.  Back then, I had more problems and child-rearing didn't seem fun.  Not everyone wants to have kids later in life - - I certainly wouldn't have bet on it for myself, but here she is, the child of my old age . . . and most everything about her is fun.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful for you Penny, to be able to watch Andrea grow up having all that fun.  I too would have loved the trampoline once but I wouldn`t risk it now! lol

Sandra xxx

Anonymous said...

It's lovely to know how happy you are with Andrea. I share a similar happiness in my old age, with my little grandaughter. It's wonderful.
Sylvia x

Anonymous said...

Penny, i think all of us old women should get on the trampoline together and jump up and down....but there better be a safety net there to save us! lol.  
hugs, lisa

Anonymous said...

I can relate. I am a mother of five children and they are all ages. My youngest is 3 and next to her is my ten year old. I've enjoyed being an older mother. If I had it to do all over again, I think I'd have children in my thirties to forty. I've been so much more patient and enjoy being a mom in my later years. :) Thanks for visiting my journal. ~V

Anonymous said...

What a joy to see pics of Andrea having fun!  Yep, I agree that fun is where you find it!  This entry gave me a big, big smile, love! xox

Anonymous said...

I always enjoyed watching my children have fun too.  I think its one of the greatest pleasures in life. :-)

Monica
http://journals.aol.com/sonensmilinmon/SmilinMonsAdventures/

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful entry! -Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink