Wednesday, March 16, 2005

I wish I may . . .I wish I might . . .

Here's my wish:  that the three little doggies pictured here will come to live with us.  I saw an ad in the local paper for Pomeranian dogs for adoption.  These are older dogs (about 8 years old) whose person died.  They've been raised together.

I used to have Pommies when we lived in Mexico, but the last one died almost 4 years ago.  They are wonderful companions and a lot of fun.  I miss having a dog.  The puppy we thought we'd get didn't make it from Mexico and we thought we'd wait until we made the move to our little house.

BUT . . .here are these little doggies.  I already love them!  They have our name on them.  The biggest one only weighs 8 pounds.  They will be yappy little things, but most loveable.  If the adoption agency says yes, we will be a big family.  The lady tells us that they will come with a starter kit:  halters, beds, some food and more!

Next week, we are going to meet the dogs and have a home visit.  The house is perfect for them, even down to having an area where they can be left if we have to go out without them. 

I can hardly wait!!!  My heart is set on them.  Wish us luck with the "adoption agency".

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh they are sweet things! I will keep my fingers crossed for you! I have a soft spot for critters!

Anonymous said...

They are adorable!  Best of luck to you and your family with the adoption! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh you bet! Best of luck on the adoption of those cute little dogs. What a adorable picture!

God Bless.
TiasNme2

Anonymous said...

Crossing my fingers and sending good thoughts your way --hoping you get the 3 little darlings...
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

Anonymous said...

Awww, how pretty are they!!! Good luck. I wish you the best!

Angela

Anonymous said...

OMG THEY ARE SOOOOO PRETTY HOPE U GET THEM HUN

Anonymous said...

I think I SEE your name on them!  Here's hoping.

Anonymous said...

I love pomeranians! I believe my dog, Dexter, is part. We found him as a stray but he has gumption! He's protective and "barky" which I think is a typical pomeranian. His nose isn't as pointy as these dogs though but his coloring is much the same. Very cute!

Anonymous said...

I wish you all the luck in the world Penny.  The day we adopted Jake was such a happy day.  It`s such a wonderful feeling taking on a dog, or dogs, that NEED you as they have no one else.  :-)   Sandra xxx

Anonymous said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Penny. They look adorable.
Sylvia x

Anonymous said...

Oh Penny, they are adorable! -Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Penny, did you get the dogs? I hope so!!   Cant wait to hear how the visit went. I hope you are doing well. Love, lisa

Anonymous said...

I just finished catching up on all of your entries :-).  These pommies are so adorable.  I pray that if it is God's will they will be in your home soon!  Take care, hon!  Love ya!! xox