Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Hello Again

I can't believe it's been a week since I made an entry in my journal.  Nothing spectacular has happened, but I try to be faithful to write and also to read and make some comments.

Our pastor's wife gave us a new (used) car last Thursday evening.  It's a gas guzzler, but I am thrilled with it!  It's an Olds 98 and verrry comfy to drive.  I don't know about riding in it because I haven't given Rob the keys to try it yet.  This is my car.  I know I have to let him drive, but . . .

Sunday we started to get into some deep cleaning here in the house and I threw my back out.  I can't believe it.  I wasn't doing anything that strenuous.  Rob put me to bed and there I stayed until this morning.  I'm still very sore, but can get up at least.  I hate when stuff like that happens.

Tomorrow, the three little doggies are coming to visit.  We want to see if they like us and vice versa.  I'm so excited!  They are precious little dogs and just what I wanted.  Even Rob is excited and Andrea keeps asking which one will be hers. 

Another good thing has come from the possible doggies:  Hank is gettin' a move on in our house!  He bought the kitchen cabinets and just has the tile to go in the bathroom.  He probably doesn't relish the idea of 3 dogs in his house.  Of course, all three of them weigh less than a regular dog.

Hopefully today I'll get a chance to read some journals.  I miss you guys.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your poor back... It always seems to be when I`m cleaning ot gardening when my back goes. Ouch does it hurt too!  Take care and enjoy the car. Oh and good luck with the dogs. I do hope you get them and can tell me all about them :-)  

Sandra xxx

Anonymous said...

Hope your back continues to improve and very pleased you now have a car. It's nice having a bit of "independence".
Sylvia x

Anonymous said...

Penny, i missed you too. I will write you back tomorrow. No time today....been a long long day here. I hope your back feels better!! I am glad you got a new "used" car....is it big? I cant wait to hear about the doggie visit. Have a happy and restful Weds! Love, lisa

Anonymous said...

    Penny..Hope the back is feeling better...that is NOT fun !!   thanks for the comment in my journal...Yes, I am ready to get to Vegas and meet all of my journaling friends..and that means YOU !!!   Take care, Tina

Anonymous said...

oh man - I'm sorry that your back has gone out.  I hope and pray that your back is better because that is so inconvienent. :-) puppies? WOW that's always fun. :-) I'm sure Andrea will be so happy.
I hope you start feeling better soon.
*hugs*
Holly
p.s. Very cool about the car, isn't it AWESOME how God works. . truly inspiring!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting the new car! -Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink