Monday, February 28, 2005

Monday Blahs

Ever have one of those mornings when lazy is the operative word for yourself?  Today is that day.  It's cold and rainy and I have sniffles and I just want to crawl under the electric blanket and "veg out" for the day.

Rob brought me coffee and the bird is begging for attention and Andrea is cleaning her room and all I want to do is go back to bed.

Truth is, I don't have to do anything.  Andrea will do her school work no matter where I am.  Little angel is now doing her laundry.  I wonder what she wants from me.  If she leaves me to my blanky, I'll give it to her.

The bird is sitting on my head.  I put him there so he'd quit chewing on the mole on my neck.  He seems reasonably happy.  Silly bird took a shower with me yesterday and then I dried him with the blow dryer.  He loves to do that.  Even when he takes a bath in his cage, he comes out so I will take him to the dryer.  He's a little spoiled.  Guess it's time to take him back to the cage.  He climbed back down and seems to be choosing another mole.  Ouch!

Guess I'll climb back into bed and dream about the cruise I'm going to take instead of the safari.

So, how's YOUR Monday going?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boring is the only way to put it. Hate mondays...roll on Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

I want to take the safari myself, but I am hoping it isn't too hard on my body! LOL  I feel like a lazy day myself.  We are supposed to get up to a foot of snow here!  Oh my!  Want some! LOL  Hope your day is relaxing and you are healing well!  Love you!! xox

Anonymous said...

OO MY WHAT A CUTE THINGY THE BIRD DOES????WHAT KIND OF BIRD IS IT AND HOW THE HECK DID U TRAIN HIM TO TAKE SHOWERS AND OMGGGGGGGGG BLOW DRYER

Anonymous said...

Oh I would just die if I had a bird sitting on me about right now!!  Now that is talent!!  Can Andrea come over and clean my kids' rooms today too?  And coffee, your Rob could email me some anytime.. Doing AWESOME!! Oh and thank you for the sweet comment you left in my journal.  Hope you are doing good.  I can't go back to bed too often lately... so much darn stuff to do!!  WHy oh why can't my body last just a half a day longer everyday.  I could accomplish soooooo much more.
Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I had a great Monday.  We got all snowed in.  John and I made a nice chicken dinner with the fixin's and then did some cleaning and then did nothing!  

Penny, let's go on the cruise together! -Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink