Sunday, February 13, 2005

Two Days to Go

All my resolve in the last entry went to hades in a handbasket.  I got a load of laundry in the washer, but couldn't even transfer it to the dryer.  I've heard from the surgeon's office and am scheduled for surgery on Tuesday.  As much as I dread having the surgery, I am ready to be rid of the pain.

They tried to draw blood on Thursday, but my veins collapsed.  Three sticks and only a quarter vial of blood.  She said it was enough.  I do hope they've left me a vein for surgery.  I don't want to be awake for that. 

Rob and Andrea have been treating me like a princess, though I'd rather be queen and running my own household.  Poor Andrea thinks I might die and we've done everything to reassure her that it's a simple procedure and I will be home the same day.  Things surely have changed. 

Anyway, I'll probably be away from my journal for a few days.  I wanted to wish you all a Happy Valentine's Day!  Give someone you love a great big hug. 

(((((HUGS)))))  Penny

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

And here is a great big hug for you, hon..(((((Penny))))).  So sorry you are feeling so poorly, but I am glad you will be better soon!  Luanne (from Luanne's Life With Lupus) is having her gall bladder out on Monday as well.  My prayers are being said, hon!!  xox

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better soon. God Bless you.

~Angela

Anonymous said...

I am glad that your surgery will be over soon and you will be pain-free again.  I wish you all the best for Tuesday Penny.  On Wednesday I too am having surgery on my arm.  I`m dreading it too but I`ll be glad to get some feeling back in my left hand and to not be dropping things all the time.  Again like you, it`s just day surgery but hating hospitals as I do I wish it could be avoided altogether.  Take care, Blessings   Sandra xxx

Anonymous said...

I will be thinking of you on Tuesday Penny and wish you a pain free and happy return to your journal. Look forward to your next entry. Love and Hugs.
Sylvia x

Anonymous said...

Lots of prayers have been sent out for you through the prayer chain already Hon.  Get better soon.  Love you lots. -Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Lots of prayers and good wishes, Penny  ...... Take care of yourself.   Tina

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny-
Hope you are feeling better soon and that all goes well with the surgery.  I'll be praying for a speedy recovery and a smooth surgery so you can get back to normal and enjoy that lovely home you are moving into.  
God Bless You,
Lisa~