Saturday, February 5, 2005

Weekend Assignment # 46

This is a dream assignment for football widows.  We can make any rule we want!! I've thought about this for nearly two days now.  I sometimes watch the game, but I'm not the obsessed one.  Seems Super Bowl Sunday is waay too long.  The game doesn't start until late in the day, but the revelers get started early.  They watch old game highlights, older game highlights, game replays, pregame warm-up, the game, the commercials and the post-game wrap-up.   In our house, nobody drinks, but the passion is there just the same.

So here's my rule:  for every hour they watch Super Bowl stuff, "widows" get an all-expense paid hour of shopping.  Let the teams pay for it, after all, the fans pay for them.  That's it in a nutshell. 

Of course the Eagles are going to win the game.  They aren't favored and won't rest on their laurels.  If I'm wrong, so shoot me.

If you'll excuse me now, I gotta start my pre-game shopping.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, wonderful!!  How much money do we get??  Can I go shopping with you? LOL!!  I like this very much!! xox

Anonymous said...

Not Superbowl here but Football and even more boring, cricket in the summer. I reckon you have a good idea going. They could easily afford to pay us for putting up with it. The funding would be raised by means of paying all those sporting "heroes" proper wages instead of monopoly money. Doubt if the likes of football "superstar" David Beckham's wife would agree with us though. Poor dears would have to change their Jet propelled, diamond studded ways and live in a real house, instead of castellated mansions. It makes the heart bleed. Keep laughing and keep the ideas coming. Here's Rule 2: The men will have to cook their own evening meal as we mere women will be soooo worn out with all that shopping.
Sylvia x

Anonymous said...

Okay, but no football in any of the stores during the shopping spree! - Karen
http://journals.aol.com/mavarin/MusingsfromMavarin/entries/1528

Anonymous said...

Glad I've found your journal.........
http://journals.aol.co.uk/sdrogerson/SpecimenDays/

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great idea to me! -Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink