Thursday, October 19, 2006

More Bits and Pieces

Provide free mammograms!  I know, I know.  You're tired of seeing this everyday.  I won't leave it out because the women who receive free mammograms are grateful for our clicks and purchases.

 These ar four of our beautiful birds. From the left: Roger, Sunshine, Beak and Blue Sky.  All were buried together. We found them at the bottom of their cages the morning after Pedro died.  We did not expect this.  I called all over the place to see if anyone could do a birdie autopsy (necropsy?).  Only one vet does it up in Santa Barbara and his prices would have left us without food the next two months.  So, Rob buried them and we took pictures of the headstone. (not uplaoded) All the cages, for the living and the dead have been sanitized.  Hopefully, we won't have any more dead birds.  Four of the five birds all came from the same place and the fifth bird was living with Sunshine almost since she came to us.  I wanted to sell or give away some of the birds, but this is not the way I wanted to do it.

I have been down with my back and new medication for several days.  Most of the time I just play pogo.  And the games that don't require much or any real skill.  I've been reading your journals and commenting a little bit.  I'm sorry if I didn't comment in your journals.  You all mean a lot to me.

And for those of you who were nominated for the VIVI  :    drum roll please >>>>>>>>> 

CONGRATULATIONS!

. I got a nomination!  I didn't see my name at first.  I was so happy for those who were nominated that I totally missed it.  My friend had to tell me about it.  Whether I get a VIVI or not, I am so honored to be counted with the nominees.  I will have a great time voting, and a spectacular time at the VIVI Awards Ball.  So go now to the  VIVI AWARDS JOURNAL to see all of the nominees and visit their journals.  That in itself should be wonderful to do.  Have fun!

                   

 

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful babies!  Not tired of seeing the pink button ... I have it in my favorites and have been going there for two years every day without fail!  

Congrats on your Vivi Nomination!

Anonymous said...

Penny, so sorry to hear of your beautiful birds passing over. Wonder what happened, could they have something the other birds may come down with too?
Congrats on your nomination...I voted for you.
I feel like you that it's really great to think people care enough to vote, & that I'm in som egreat company!!! No matter who wins! :)
I have the Free Mammograms button on my side bar. Have done 2 full entries re Breast cancer this month & plan one more near the end of the month.
Hope you visit me along, I never see a comment from you. I read your alerts & drop by from time to time.
Blessings, Sugar

Anonymous said...

I never get tired of seeing the Clicky Button.  I click on it each day from your journal.
Congrats on the VIVI!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

So sorry you've lost even more birdies!  I too have birds, but not as many as you ... just nine at this time.  I to have have some die in past and not known WHY!  Sorry!    Here's hoping that back of yours heals real soon!!!  Take care!    Judy, in CT

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny,  I`m sorry to hear that you lost even more of your birds, it must have been very upsetting for you.  Congrats at the nomination, I`ve been nominated in the best family also so now we are rivals...lol! :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS for being nominated...

Astra!

Anonymous said...

i am so sorry to hear about all the birds dying.  how strange.
guess you don't live near a vet school that would do a autopsy just so they could get the experience?

congrats on your nomination!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

sorry about the birds weird, have a good friday

Deb

Anonymous said...

I am so very sorry about the other bird dying...so sad.  My prayers are with your familiy...
YES, you were nominated....Congratulations!!!!  Good luck!!!
Many hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the nomination.  I'm sorry about your pets.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Penny- I sure am sorry about all your birds!!  That's so very sad to lose so many all at once like that.  They were all very pretty, but Blue sky was a beauty!  What a shame.  I'm soory too that you've been laid up too- that can't be much fun- but I am impressed with your cheerful attitude!  Congrats too on you nomination (I voted for you!) I still have no idea of what all the vivi awards is all about or how it works, but it's an honor to be included with some really awsome journalers!  See you at awards time!  Best of wishes!  Carolyn

Anonymous said...

PS- I just clicked again.  I won't get tired of it- I'm grateful for it.  I'll be due to have one before too long.  Never had it done yet, am nervous about it when my time comes up, but grateful for the fact they are able to save women!  God Bless you Penny!  Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Hi! :)   Nice to "see" you again. Congrats on YOUR nomination as well!
God bless
Love and hugs,
Penny

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the nomination!
Dona

Anonymous said...

Dear Penny
big Cangtaulations on yuor nomination!
:):) you rock!
love,natalie

Anonymous said...

Congrats my friend!
love,lisa

Anonymous said...

Congratulations missy!!  

So, do you think it was a virus?....I imagine birds are pretty suspectible....but sad...very sad..-Raven