Wednesday, October 4, 2006

Fall in My Home Town :)

Provide free mammograms! Don't forget to click!

It's fall where I live, except you don't see much evidence of it.  The days are still warm(mostly) and the colors don't seem to change much.  Mornings and evenings are crisp and often chilly with lots of ocean fog.  We have begun to put our blankets back on our beds. I have NO idea what it would be like to live where it snows.  I might expire :)

Some 8 or 10 miles away, there are remnants of the Day Fire, which took 21 days to contain.  We were covered with ash and the pungent smell of smoke.  Here in the autumn it is fire season. The risks are high this year because we didn't get enough rain last year.  Despite earthquakes and fires I think we live in one of the most beautiful cities and the most beautiful state.  I know you will disagree for various reasons.  But this is where the Lord has planted me and where I will joyfully stay.

Now that I have found (well, Rob found it) my camera, I will be taking a picture of that ring and my little crippled cockatiel for you to see.  More about my Sweetie bird with the picture.

I pray blessings upon you this day and evening.  I pray you experience a closeness with the Lord that makes all else look small in comparison.  It is God himself who made the trees, land, animals, birds and us.  My prayer for myself is that I not stray and for you, if you haven't discovered Him that you find Him this day.

                   

Thanks Deb for this wonderful tag!

                     

 

 

 

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

the pics of your town are gorgeous!!!! It is so hot in Ohio right now....a cold pool sounds awesome. I am glad you found your camera!
LOVE YOU
lisa

Anonymous said...

Your picture isn't showing here.  :(

Anonymous said...

Oops, now I see the pictures.  Sorry.

Anonymous said...

Hugs Penny!:):):):) I love your pictures!
I'm so sorry about the smoke  , etc. from past fires.
Ilove your graphic ... it is powerful and wonderful as well as your sweet blessing!
God Bless you Sweet Penny! And I'm so glad that your fall is going so wel!
love,natalie

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures!  Thanks for sharing!  Hugs and blessings, Michelle

Anonymous said...

beautiful pictures:) have a good thursday

Deb

Anonymous said...

I agree, your town is very, very beautiful.  Would love to visit.  How could you live where is snows you ask?  Just be 'born into it' (and never leave town), like myself and my family .. in Connecticut.  I love snowstorms, even the occasional ones that blow drifts up over the bottom half of the windows so you can barely see outside!   Ah yes, very pretty, and cozy.  Light the fireplace and gaze at the beauty.  I soooo enjoy reading people's journals from all over the country and learning (and seeing in pictures) other areas I'd never see otherwise.   Thanks for the wonderful pictures!   BTW, I also am a bird-lover .. have seven cages in my living room, creamino lovebirds, two kinds of finches, and parakeets .. none of the 'biggy' ones like you have.  Have a great evening, and thanks for your wonderful journal!    Judy, in CT

Anonymous said...

Beautiful entry, top to bottom, words and pictures. Sounds as though you're very much at peace.

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

I do love Fall!!  Lovely time of year!!  Hugs and hope you are doing well Penny!!  You sound happy and blessed!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

OK...I'm having a brain freeze..its late...I forgot where you live...will have to browse....I live in Oregon, so fires dont happen often,,,but I dont know whats its like to live in an area aftera fire....I wonder how long before the smell goes away?...The photos were very pretty....reminded me of Phoenix or New Mexico..-Raven

Anonymous said...

Not much sign of Autumn over here yet.  We are getting rain and it is also getting chilly, chilly enough to put the heating on for a while each day.  I shall have to get the winter duvet out as well.  Seems five minutes since we were baking hot and it was too hot to go outside.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Pretty bougainvillias and snapdragons!  Your town looks like a pretty place.  It's still warm here- not cool enough for my flannel sheets.  I grew up where we had snow, and I miss it sometimes.  Our fire season will be starting as soon as hurricane season is done- thankfully, not a bad one here this year!  We did hava a lot of rain though, so hopefully not many fires this year.  Have a good day Penny, and God Bless!  Carolyn

Anonymous said...

lovely pictures...best wishes...

Astra!

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny!

My first time visiting your journal and it is lovely!  I live in AZ and sadly it is still in the 90's this week! Not much of a Fall now is it haha!  I would love to go somewhere for the weekend and enjoy some cool crisp air and apple picking and leaf watching!  Anyhow I enjoyed my visit and will be back.  Hope to see you sometime over at my place...

Kara

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures.  I thought of you when the Day Fire started.  I hate the smell of smoke and ashes.  
Pam