Monday, October 2, 2006

Breast Cancer Awareness

                   

This is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. You can go here to see the website and more importantly, click to help fund mammograms for those who can't afford it.  This so important and each daily click is worth two regular clicks.  So go on over and click.  Tell your friends to click.  I know others before me have said this as well.  Tell me, did you go there? Have you had your mammogram?  Or are you like me and have put it off?  I had a breast lump removed early this year.  It was benign and I am grateful it has been removed.

Let's all pray every day for those who have breast cancer.  If you don't know someone who has or has succumbed to breast cancer, pray for all of them.  This is a disease that can be prevented.  It's up to us to be fully aware.  My dear aunt had breast cancer, was a five year survivor and got it again.  When she passed away 32 years ago, there wasn't enough known.  Today, she would likely have been a long-term survivor. 

Provide free mammograms!

Okay, off the soap box.  I hope you didn't get bored and leave. This is the 6th day of our anniversary week.  I got a present from Rob that was so wonderful I am still jazzed about it.  When we married 5 years ago, we had rings that we purchased in Mexico.  They were just right for us at the time.  Mine was a gold band and a solitaire engagement ring.  Some where during our second year, we promised each other to get new ones for our 5th anniversary.  I got his for him in April when we were flush.  When the budget got smaller, I realized that this wouldn't be the time for me to get new rings.  Then the impossible happened:  he got me rings anyway!  As soon as I find my camera, I will post some pictures of the set.  Am I boasting? You bet!  I have waited all my life for something this beautiful. I never really dreamed I could have them, but my honey gave them to me on Friday.  I still can't stop looking at my hand ::grinning:: 

I am so blessed to have Rob as a husband and our three girls to complete our family.  We don't expect to be rich, but will take all the Lord has to offer to us.  Thank you again, Lord Jesus knitting us together. 

Be blessed today, my friends.  I love you all.

 

              

            

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did an entry on breast cancer awareness too, did you see?
Yes, I had my mammograms last month!
By all means, keep them ALL in our prayers.
Have a good week,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Oh, Oh, Oh..... Pictures of the ring PLEASE! That is so cool. He is definitely a keeper!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind
http://adventuresofaneclecticmind.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

i can't wait to see the new rings:) i am so happy for you, it does my heart good  to hear about another couple in love:) have a great week

Deb

Anonymous said...

dear Penny,
whata beautiful entry! and informative too! I love the graphic!
Congratulations again on your wonderful marraige and I appreciate hearing the story!
hugs,nat

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the rings!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

When a hubby gives the gift that touches you,,,girl yah gotta talk about it...I would too....very sweet,,,glad to know he appreciates you


-Raven

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting everyone know.  I have been clicking on that button several times a week for over a year now.  I don't always remember it every day, but most days I do.  I'm going to put the button in my sidebar.
Lori
http://beta.journals.aol.com/helmswondermom/DustyPages/