Friday, October 20, 2006

Provide free mammograms!  I'm so glad so many of you are clicking every day.  Keep up the good work!

WOO HOO !!!!  THE GIRLS ARE OFF SCHOOL UNTIL OCTOBER 30th.  I AM SO EXCITED.

Well, just a little bit . . .

Andrea  and Kayla before the love ended . . .

  

 . . . and Lupe, the third of our angels

So, actually I am happy to know the girls get time off from the daily grind.  This school year has been much harder than last.  Both girls are in a life sciences class that is very demanding.  All 7th graders are required to take it.  I don't remember doing that.  I think I got some science in 8th or 9th grade.  Also, there not the grading standards as they are now.  Our schools were usually first in the state.  Now I think California as a whole is way down on the list.  Anyway, the girls are doing their best according to their learning abilities.  Kayla fought herself back from failing to passing in her first semester of living here.  We are very proud of her.  Andrea started full-time school just after Lupe and Kayla joined our family.  Lupe is a treasure.  She loves to ride "her" bus and interact with "her" teacher. She attends the same school as the others, so it's easy for us.  Next year she will be in high school.  

We have grown into ourselves as a family.  We pray with each other twice a day, worship together and love each other as Christloves the church.  This is not to say that there aren't daily squabbles or resentments.  They are 12, 12 and 13.  Sheesh, if the didn't have problems I would think something was fishy.  They are a delight to us most of the time.  I say most of the time because Rob and I have our off days too.

I have a splitting headache today and back pain.  I took pain medicine and am hoping it will work.  I pray that you have all had a good day.

In the love of Christ,

                               

 

and P.S. - I'm sorry I hit the save button too soon

           

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad they will have some down time too......life is SO busy and stressed anymore!!!!! Great pics.
LOve you,
lisa

Anonymous said...

Have a good weekend:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

You have some beautiful girls there!  Praying you soon get some relief.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

Your girls are beautiful.  I have no idea what 'life science' even is?!  Seems like I've never heard of half of what is taught in public school anymore.  Hopefully your girls will keep doing well in whatever they do!  God Bless them, and you!  I hope you are feeling much better Penny, and have a great weekend, and time off with your daughters!  Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a good weekend.
Pam

Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful family, Penny, and I know that you will be blessed for all that you are, and all that you do.   Tina

Anonymous said...

The photos are just beautiful, they all are so lovely.  I remember the days of the life's science class...for all of my kids...
Hope that headache is gone...have a wonderful weekend...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

what beautiful girls!  hope you have lots of fun while school is out.

Kathy