Sunday, October 22, 2006

Early Sunday Morning

         

   Provide free mammograms!  You know what to do . . .  

 

                           

                             

This is the first time in forever I will get to say Good Morning to everyone.  Seems like so many of you live on the east coast or in England or some other place far away.  We Californians seem to get up later than you do.   So . . .

         . 

Of course, while you are reading this I will be sleeping.  It is the second hour of the day here and I am finally getting a little sleepy.  My body aches and I have been reading the journals of VIVI nominees a good part of the day.  It's a wonderful stack of journals to read.  Even if you aren't participating in the VIVI's or are upset that you didn't get nominated go take a look at the various directions J-Land is taking.  And what the bloggers are doing.  Just go here and scroll down some 8 or 10 pages.  I'll bet you can find new reads ad new friends there.

We got up at o'dark-thirty on Saturday.  I fought for more sleep, but finally my man would have no more. He took my computer and my cup of coffee out to the living room and of course I had to follow. He already had the college games on and was working in the living room. He sat down with me and we discussed what jobs we needed to do.  He always takes the brunt of the work because my body won't let me do much.  I decided I could put fresh newspaper in some of the birds cages, feed Remy (he hates Rob for some reason) by giving him fresh nectar and water.  I also gave him a pear to eat.

I supervised the girls after our morning prayer.  They had 3 jobs to do:  Clean the kitchen - yes, counters and floors too - clean the cages of the birds that died, and clean the bathroom.  Usually it's left to Andrea and Kayla and Lupe folds clothes and takes out the trash.  Today Lupe jumped in, made everyone's bed, cleaned the clutter in their room away and cleaned the bathroom.  She did very well.  I was hesitant because the last time she cleaned the bathroom she poured toilet cleaner in the tub!!  They all worked tremendously.  Andrea and Kayla had a water fight while cleaning the cages (and yes, it's still warm enough here to do that) and came in dripping and giggling.

We came to the end of the month a little early, so we had no reward to give them such as a trip to the .99 cent store. But God rewarded them in His own way.  Uncle Eddie called asking to take Kayla to LA and maybe to stay the night with him.  Andrea went over to visit Uncle Hank and Aunt Debbie and ended up going out with them to run errands, get a run through the .99 cent store and Chinese food.  She bought stuff for herself, her daddy, her mommy and Lupe.  Lupe got an evening by herself to choose whatever channel she wanted and dinner by pops. 

It may not have been an exciting day, but it was just what the doctor ordered here: teamwork, love and caring.  Of course the house is silent now except for Rob's snoring, the ringing in my ears and the quiet tapping on my laptop keys.  I love the silent times.  I need them every once in a while. Don't you?

So now as I try to drift to sleep
I pray you have angels to keep
A hedge of protection around your homes
Your loved ones, pets and little ones.
 
O Lord give power and strength to my friends
As their day is beginning and my day ends
 
                       Love you all, Penny

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning Penny!!!
Betty

Anonymous said...

Great entry.
yes we all need quiet times and times to reflect.
i am glad the girls got to get out and have fun after their hard work!
love,lisa

Anonymous said...

BTW, loved that bursting graphic above. It sort of woke me up when I saw it! Did you make that one? Bea

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, my favorite time of day has always been the silent ones, especially when my family is safely sleeping in their beds. Well, my other favorite time of day is when we are awake and sharing time together... so there has to be a balance, not too much of either, I suppose. At some time, one does have to get out into the world... I think that's the part that often ovewhelms me. By end of day, after working with kids and teachers all day, I seek the quiet solitude of my home. The balance is missing, I'm afraid, for now when I have the quiet time, I am on the computer emailing, journaling, and reading others' journals/commenting... which means I am not meditating on the moment, nor on the Lord, though I am supporting my journal friends <grin>. That's the part I need to get back. The time with the Lord.

I got up early by mistake this morning. Thought it was 8:30 am EST, but turned out it was 7:30 EST (I'm one of the NC journalers!). I set my clock to the wrong time last night. Which means now I can go read hte Bible before I head for my Sunday School class! Today we're going to collect money for our children's ZOE mission (Zimbabwe Orphans Endeavor). Take care, my friend! Love, Bea

Anonymous said...

love that last graphic with the sun!

sounds like you really got some work out of the girls.  and they got some great rewards!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your entries. I stopped by to say Hi and Congratulations on you VIVA nomination. Regards, Bill. http://journals.aol.com/wfhbear/Commentsontheeventsofmylife/

Anonymous said...

lol, well Penny your only a 3 hr differance in time with me, so morning for u is morning for me too. Sounds like your a busy bee today. Have a good one :)

angelrose

Anonymous said...

Hello, just stopping by to congratulate you on your Vivi nomination and to wish you the very best of luck.
Dianna

http://journals.aol.com/sazzylilsmartazz/DiannasMindlessMusings/

Anonymous said...

You're so sweet Penny!  I'm reading your good morning at night time!  This is really the best time for me to read and catch up.  During the day I'm on and off through out, so I don't have time to really think much.  I love my quiet time!!! Have a great week!  Take care, and feel well!  Carolyn

Anonymous said...

very beautiful Penny! and a wonderful graphic too!
you are soooooo inspirational!
love you,natalie

Anonymous said...

I love it when it is quiet and I can do my own thing too.  But then you already knew that!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

I need the quiet times daily....its like oxygen...

I fell out laughing when you wrote your husband took your laptop and you followed him..LMAO..how funny...I would have too.."huney,,where are you going?"....Well, so the day was cleaning...its always nice when its all done...I wish I could just rest in that but I have this memory problem..lol...like next weekend we get to do it all over again..lol...so when you read how you look at it....lets pray I get some of that...lol..

Oh...toilet bowl cleaner in the bathtub?...lol

-Raven

Anonymous said...

I have been scrolling down, reading your journal.  You write well. I was the most excited to learn from your sidebar that you spent two years in Mexico on a mission there, and have adopted two Mexican girls. Fate took me to an area of town that was around 90-95 percent Mexican where I stayed 20 years.  I decided I would take advantage of the opportunity to study the Mexican people in every way I could.  My daughter is now bilingual as a result of living there  I have had a Mexican daughter-in-law who gave me a very entertaining grandson.  I will be reading your journal to learn your thoughts about these gentle people as well as about the girls you have taken into your home.  I love the bird stories, too.   Gerry

Anonymous said...

Stopping by to say hi and congratulations...love your journal and your entries...hugs and love...and have a great week.
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Quiet me time is always a welcome distraction in my life.

Dona

http://journals.aol.com/delela1/BlueSkiesandGentleBreezes