Monday, January 2, 2006

I Got Tagged

My friend Natalie over at Interface tagged me to tell a few Wild or Wierd things about me.  I think the meme has taken on new life since it started going through J-Land.  I honestly didn't know if I really wanted to be tagged or not.  I'm really not wild anymore, but I do have a few wierd habits:

1.  No matter how hot it is, I have to be covered when I am in the bed - if only by a sheet . . . and no matter how cold it is, I can't wear socks in bed - my feet have to touch the sheet.

2.  I never wear a watch.  I have one in my car, but it bothers my wrist and I almost never know what time it is unless there is a clock visible.  I rarely oversleep.

3.  I have to force myself to drink water at home.  I drink it at work every day, but at home, it's Diet Coke or nothing.

4.  I would never leave home if I didn't have to. 

5.  I quit dying my hair so I could see how much gray I have.  My whole family went gray in their thirties . . .I probably have 10 gray hairs.  I'm a little disappointed.

I  know.  BORING!!!  To tell you the truth, it's a little fun to be boring after so many years away.  I have a boring job, too.  Very little stress and just one or two of us there at any given time.  Right up my alley.  If we never have another crisis, it will be too soon.

It's a silly entry for my first of 2006, but I wanted to make my presence known even if I still can't stay online very much.  I hope my laptop comes home soon.  I really, really miss it!  This chair is gonna kill me.

Blessings to you all my friends . . .

           

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have numbers 1 and 2 in common with you.

Anonymous said...

I don't wear a watch for the same reason, and I did the same thing with my hair!  The blondes in our family usually just go dishwater blonde until their forties, then there is a little silver.  (I couldn't find anything, so it was back to Loreal!)
Lori

Anonymous said...

I never wear a watch either. Doesn't bother me too much not to wear one and I'm rarely late.

Happy New Year!

betty

Anonymous said...

#4 hits pretty close to home... I am a homebody, which is probably the reason I work. If I didn't have to go to school everyday, I probably would stay home and eventually become very eccentric and weirder. I would lose touch with the world, and live in my own fantasy world... yes, I'm sure I would do that if adventure did not call me away from the comforts of home.  bea

Anonymous said...

I like home too, I hate going out in the evening. I don't drink so there isn't much to do out there except get cold and wish I was home!! Jeannette. http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny, Penny .... your answers for #'s  1 and 2  are exact opposites of my #'s 4 and 5 ...  How about that !  Tina http://journals.aol.com/onemoretina/Ridealongwithme

Anonymous said...

dearest Penny,
wonderful! I love your weird list! ((((Penny))))! youare great !
thanks for sharing this fun list!
love,nat

Anonymous said...

Hey gurl...your #2 & 4 are me!!! Hope the new year is being good to ya!
Sugar
http://journals.aol.com/sugarsweet056/MYLIFE/

Anonymous said...

Hey, you are so COOL!! I hate water, i cant wear socks to bed, i never want to leave my house, i have to have a comforter or sheet or SOMETHING covering me PLUS the fan running whenever i am in bed.
Maybe we were related in another lifetime.
LOL
I LOVE YOU!
lj