Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Happy Birthday to me . . .

                     

Today's my birthday.  Last night, Rob sent Andrea with Hank to the store.  When they came back, they had cards, roses, daffodils and a balloon for me. And my sister called from Las Vegas to wish me a happy day.  It was great.  It was nice having that last night and to wake up to the flowers this morning.  I may get a picture to post for you all later.  I didn't want any gifts this year.  Rather, I have my laptop in the shop to see if it is repairable.  I may find out tomorrow if it is.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I talked to my friend Krissy of Sometimes I Think by IM last night.  She and John are getting ready to leave for the medical center to start the process for John's bone marrow transplant which will be done next week.  We have been praying for them all along and have asked others to do so.  Now I am asking you to join me in prayer.  John and Krissy have such a positive attitude about this.  I am in awe of their faith to go forward.  So, as you go about your day, if they pop into your head, just acknowledge that with a small prayer.  That's the glue that will hold the hands of the doctors and all our hearts together. 

For those who are wondering . . . my finger is healing.  I saw the doc yesterday again.  He says I will probably have to take 10 extra days of antibiotics because the infection is so deep.  I shudder to think of what could have happened if I had stayed stubborn and not gotten treatment.  For a bite!  Goodness gracious.  I appreciate your concern and notes to me.  At least I am more able to type now. 

I love that quote on the top.  I read in a book that it's easier to pray without ceasing than one would think.  It has more to do with remaining in an attitude of prayer than actually spending all your time praying.  Regular stuff needs to be taken care of, but one can slip back in to thankfulness and prayer once the necessitieshave been done.  I love that thought.  It's like having a running conversation with God.  Phone rings, customer comes in - handle it - what were we saying, Lord?  Refreshing. 

I'm off to see if I can catch another 40 winks before I have to really start my day.  I pray that all of you have a wonderful day today.  I'll be thinking of you.

Blessings,

                       

 

42 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Happy Birthday Missy!!!

;)

enjoy that nap...

xoxoxo,
andi

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!  Have a wonderful day.
Stacy

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy birthday Penny.  Have a wonderful day and EAT CAKE !! Have been praying for John & Krissy all along..... Linda in Washington state

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Penny!!  Hope you have a wonderful day.

Annie =)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Penny! I emailed Krissy last night and found out her news. She's been in my prayers for a long time now.

Enjoy your day!

betty

Anonymous said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take your meds and eat lotssssss of cake for all of us!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAREST PENNY!!!
AIN'T GOD GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Glad your day started off sooo grand (& the night before).
Hope you get wonderful news re laptop!
Happy to hear finger is progressing, take care.
Hugs & prayers,
Blessings...
SUGAR

Anonymous said...

Feliz Cumpelanos!  or.... Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Many Happy Birthday Wishes Penny. Enjoy your day.
Sylvia xxx

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dear Penny!  I am glad your finger is mending!  Thank you so much for all that you offer us -- I hope we do the same in turn, for you!  <<HUGS & LOVE>>
~Miss O

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Penny.  Hope it was wonderful and everything you hoped it would be.  God bless you richly, my dear friend.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday my friend. May you have many happy more!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday and many more...Sandi http://journals.aol.com/sdoscher458/LifeIsFullOfSurprises

Anonymous said...

Have a very Happy Birthday Penny,  I`m glad to hear that you finger is much better, thank goodness you got treatment when you did! :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Penny!!!
Enjoy the day~
Marie
http://photographsmemoriestoo.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I hope you have the best birthday ever!

Anonymous said...

Getting up at 8 and then going back to bed again RULES. Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!  :)  Julie

Anonymous said...

I hope you are having a fabulous birthday! :)
Hugs,
Heather

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PENNY!!  bea

Anonymous said...

They say it's your birthday!  Well, it's my birthday too now!!  (nah, it's not, I just like that song!

Have a great day!!!

Lori

Who I am… underneath it all:  http://journals.aol.com/scotthlori/DiscoveringMe
My Spiritual Journal:  http://journals.aol.com/scotthlori/PreciousMetal

Anonymous said...

(((((((Happy Birthday Angelcita!))))))))
youare an angel and a friend to all, a sweet wife and a dear mother to many!\love,natalie

Anonymous said...

FELIZ Cumpleanos, Feliz CUMPLEANOS!  Happy Hatch day, Happy BDAY, Happy getting younger, Happy to have been born and still alive, happy to take on more years, happy, happy, happy!  ENJOY your day!  LOL :)


NENA :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Penny, hope you have a lovely day. I shall be praying for Krissy and John that they come through this. Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

Dear Penny~Happy Joyous Birthday! I'll be right here praying for John and Krissy too~Thanks for your inspiration once again~xox Sassy ;-)

http://journals.aol.com/debbted/SassysSecondWord

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Penny!!!  

~~ jennifer

Anonymous said...

Just popping in to wish you a Happy Birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!

http://www.saveasecretaryfrominsanity.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Sweet lady, your bday card is in the mail and LATE...I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I love you and pray your day was a special one, like you.
lisa jo

Anonymous said...

I want to wish you a very Happy Birthday and many more to come.

Anonymous said...

The happiest of birthdays to you, Penny !  And prayers for John and Krissy.  Tina http://journals.aol.com/onemoretina/Ridealongwithme

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY PENNY!!!! GLAD IT WAS A GOOD DAY FOR YOU!!!! HOPE YOU HAVE MANY MANY MORE.
LOVE YA,
CARLENE

Anonymous said...

Dearest Penny,
Happy Birthday again! this time from John and from me! :):)
huggggggggggggggs
natalie

Anonymous said...

Happy (belated) Birthday Penny!  So glad your finger is on the mend.  

Anonymous said...

OOps, a day late.. story of my life!

Hope you had a great birthday!!...and glad you are on the mend.

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny!

I didn't get any journals read last night afterall, so I missed your birthday!  So a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!  Sounds like your family did good!  :)

I'll keep John and Krissy in my prayers.  I like that running conversation with God too, better than an organized in front of everyone prayers.

Happy Birthday Hugs!

Darlene

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, I HAVE BEEN OFF THE PUTER FOR A FEW DAYS SO I MISSED IT..........OOPS........OH WELL, BETTER LATE THAN NEVER...........STORMIE

Anonymous said...

I`m glad you had a nice birthday, Penny!!!
http://journals.aol.com/pennietoonz/PennysPlace

Anonymous said...

Hello..........

I'm new to your journal............I would just like to say "Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday" to you. I wish you many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many more.

Have a good one !!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy (belated) birthday. Hugs. -Dawn-

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the nice comment.  I hope you had a wonderful birthday.  :)
Tami
http://journals.aol.com/rivercitygirl1/PicturePages