Thursday, January 12, 2006

Missing You

I am so tired of not being able to type an entry!  I wish I could blame it on AOL, Rob, Andrea or anything but ME!!  Unfortunately, I can't.  I'm at work right now and I have got to get something in here before I leave early today. 

As you know, I have been whining about my back for weeks.  It's enough better that I can sit a while at the computer.  Now there's something else.  Poor Rob . . . he has to put up with me.  As empathetic as he is . . . I know he's gotten tired of one thing after another going wrong with my body.

At first I thought this was a little thing.  I woke up Saturday morning with a sore fingertip.  I noticed a little red spot and thought perhaps something had bitten me.  By Saturday afternoon, it was more sore.  On Sunday, I covered it with Neosporin and a band-aid.  On Monday it was swollen.  I was whining about it, but did not want to go to the doctor for a bug bite.  Tuesday morning, it was more swollen and there was a red streak running down the top of my hand.  Rob says he told me to go to the doctor.  I must have had my selective hearing on, because I don't remember that.  At work, I showed it to my co-worker and she told me to call the doc right then and there.  I did and got in that afternoon. 

This is all well and good, except they gave me a monster shot, a prescription for oral antibiotics (HORSE PILLS!!) and asked me to come back 8 am Wednesday.  I did.  Another monster shot.  Now both sides of my ample following are very sore.  I had to go back this morning.  I am not pleased.

I have to go back this afternoon.  They are going to do a nerve block on my hand, cut my finger open and culture the area of the bite.  Nerve block translates to more shots.  I know it won't hurt after the numby medicine works, but getting the medicine in there is gonna be painful.  Have I whined enough?  I'm a bit scared, to tell the truth. 

And so, I am here at work typing without my right index finger, because it hurts to touch the keys with it.  I'm glad I have a few days off to recuperate.  I think I will need them.  I don't know how the wrapping will go after the "minor" surgery will go, but I'm not sure my right hand will want to play computer this weekend.  We'll see. 

I miss you guys.  I've been reading journals, commenting when I can and trying to make time to chat with you all.  Bear with me. 

Blessings,

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

so was this a spider bite??? you have went through a lot already over it. debbie

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny, poor you, that bite could sounds really nasty.  I know when you get a red stripe running from a wound it can be the beginning of blood poisoning so I`m glad you got quick treatment.  What on earth could have bitten you that badly...it sounds awful.  I hope everything went well this afternoon. :o)

hugs

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'd be worried!  I'm saying a prayer for you.

Anonymous said...

Saying a prayer for you now.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got to the doctor when you did; hoping it starts feeling better soon.

betty

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness! My stepmom's friend, Sharon, was bit by a spider and almost lost her finger cause she didn't go to the doctor!  I hope it's nothing serious and they get you back to yourself in no time hon.
I'm praying for you!
xox
Heather

Anonymous said...

OMG! Whatever bit you? That's just scary! Hope you are feeling better soon~!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind
http://adventuresofaneclecticmind.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

My goodness, Penny!... good thing you finally went to the doctor. Tell us what they think it was. I hope it gets better without any major loss of function. Glad you found the time to tell us all. Bea

Anonymous said...

Penny, I hope your health improves and that everything goes well with your hand.
Hugs and prayers,
Penny
http://journals.aol.com/pennietoonz/PennysPlace

Anonymous said...

Dear Penny,
Oh Dear! Bless you Penny and I hope you get beter soon! Some bites are just plain scary!
nat

Anonymous said...

Poor baby...I'll be sure & say a prayer for you sweetie. You take care, ok?
God Bless,
Sugar
http://journals.aol.com/sugarsweet056/MYLIFE/

Anonymous said...

Hi Pennie!

I'm so sorry about your finger.  I'm like you, I wouldn't run to the Dr for a bug bite either!  But the line running up your finger is usually blood poisoning, so I'm so glad you went!

Hope all gets better.  If the antibiotics cause you any other problems, eat yogurt.  :) Wouldn't hurt to eat yogurt while on them anyway.  Not the fru fru kind with lots of sugar and fruit, you want the plain kind with states "live active cultures" Vanilla flavored is ok. Or better yet put some vanilla flavoring in the plain and beat it up real good.

Darlene

Anonymous said...

oops sorry! I meant Penny!

Darlene

Anonymous said...

Comment when you can sweetness. I am SO sorry your finger was bit! I know how bad finger or hand pain can be. Not only is it painful but it is aggravating! Know that i love you always, lisa jo