Sunday, January 8, 2006

Robin's 5'er on Sunday Morning

I'm finally getting around to doing Robin's 5'er . . .better late than never, I say.  I LOVE POTATOES!!

 

     

 

Let's play!!!

This weeks theme is...potatoes. I don't know why...I am just thinking about them.

 

1.  When was the last time you had mashed potatoes?  Were they regular mashed potatoes or some kind of fancy version?

We had garlic mashed potatoes the other day.  I added sour cream and they were absolutely yummy!

2.  Do you grow your own veggies? Have a garden? If so are potatoes one of the things you grow?

Garden?  I kill silk plants.  I've never seen a potato come out of the ground.  I thought they grew in the store.

3. French fried potatoes...do you like natural cut fries, with skin still on or the McDonald's kind? 

Yes!  As long as they are crunchy, I love them.

4.  How about potato salad?  Do you like it? Have a family recipe you have used for  years?

I love potato salad the way my family makes it.  My mom had a special way of making it so that it was never dry and never boring.  The store bought stuff leaves something to be desired.

5.  Did you have a Mr. Potato head as a kid?  Ever purchased one for someone else's kid? 

Funny, I have played with Mr Potato, but never owned or bought one.  Even all those years with kids in Mexico we never had one.

Bonus question just cause I think potatoes are cool...did you ever put a potato in a glass jar with water and watch the roots grow in school. Like a science experiment?  And does anyone know what the purpose of that experiment is? 

I did do that experiment.  Don't remember why, but maybe it was a way for the teacher to keep us entertained for a while and out of her hair.  I know we all looked at its progress every day. . .

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Potatoes gorw in the store...LMAO!!!    Thanks for playing, great answers!

Anonymous said...

I love mashed potatoes with sour cream.  Yummy!  You are making me hungry!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I've never had mashed potatoes with sour cream. Will have to try that the next time I make them.

betty

Anonymous said...

cute
nat

Anonymous said...

I love Mr Potato Head!!

Carolyn
http://journals.aol.com/shelt28/MyLife

Anonymous said...

LOL....interesting ....and definitely the first journal entry I have seen all about potatoes!!! ( which I love, by the way.... I could never do the no carb diet! )
Penny
http://journals.aol.com/pennietoonz/PennysPlace