Tuesday, October 4, 2005

The Tuesday Two

Got this from Patrick's Place this morning.  It's tough to pick which question to answer. I picked "A"

THIS WEEK'S TOPIC:    PREMARTIAL SEX

QUESTION A:
Do you think that sex before marriage is ever acceptable?

or

QUESTION B:
If your kids should ask your thoughts on premarital sex, would you feed the need to "fudge" your answer so they wouldn't find out that you didn't follow your own advice?

As fun as premarital sex might be, I don't think it's ever acceptable.  This has nothing to do with disease or fear of unwanted pregnancy though those things are part of it.  My Christian values step in, but even that isn't the reason. My opinion has to do with expectation and hope.

Being abstinent isn't easy.  Sex is fun.  TV, radio, billboards and nearly everything tout it as the best thing since sliced bread.  Others will say that you must try on a pair of shoes before you buy them, so why not.  Here's my why:

There will never, ever be another first time with your mate.  It's something so special and touching that the wait is worth it.  I believe you cheat yourself when you choose to give up the wedding night surprises.  Sure, the two of you will have to learn about each other and grow in that area,but you have a lifetime together to take that trip of discovery. 

Be blessed today,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good answer, good answer.  And if you give it away cheaply, the other person thinks they don't have to marry you.  We live in a throw away, temporary society.  And God says NO sex before marriage.  That settles it!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Good answer - look for mine in a bit.

Anonymous said...

I so agree...we have parralled each other. ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

I do agree, unfortunately I didn't follw my own advice but I am proud to say that I have never had sex with anyone other than my husband!  :-)  I hope that my kids find wisdom in my views and hold them as my own but there is a lot to life and I can only wait and hope.
~Miss O