Monday, October 17, 2005

Rainy Days and Mondays

                              

Today is a day when this harvest-time wagon seems to be fitting.  Autmn has arrived here at last with cooler weather and rain.  I awakened about 2 am to lightening and thunder.  Lit up the whole room.  Nevertheless on my day off, I still had to go to the doctor, the social security office and the store.  Now home, I still need to do laundry.

Andrea and I were supposed to have a girls' day out, but the pouring rain has put the ka-bosh on that, so we are going to run with the back-up plqn:  watch Robots on DVD, pig out on TV snaks and take bubble baths later.  All in all, it's the kind of day I prefer.  Especially the bubble bath part.

Tomorrow and Wednesday are early days for me at work.  We are coming to auction time.  The people who didn't pay their bills for a long time will lose the things they have in storage.  It's a shame, really, because often there's a lot of personal stuff in there that no one else will care about.  We work really long days for those two days, but I am getting a 3-day weekend next week.  I'm really excited about that.

If those of you who pray will pray for my young friend Angelica, I would appreciate it.  She had a liver transplant about 18 months ago and something is wrong now.  She's losing weight and her belly is swollen again.  She's headed for UCLA Medical Center tomorrow for more testing.  She has an 11 year-old daughter and is caring for her downs syndrome sister who is 12 years old.  Thank you in advance for your prayers.

Well, I am off to watch movies with my little one.  Be blessed today my friends.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prayers will be said for Angelica and her family.

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hope you are having a fabulous girls day in!  I will be praying for Angelica.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Bubble baths, tv, snacks, woo hoo!!  Sounds fun and relaxing!!  Hope you girls have a nice evening and a wonderful time together.  If you are watching "I, Robots" it was a wonderful movie.  Kept me on the edge of my seat and great graphics.  Hugs,
Lisa    

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous of your Monday! LOL!  And your friend is in my prayers.
Hugs,
xoxo
Heather

Anonymous said...

Bubble Baths..going to rush out and get some, they make our hard water so soft and sell divine. Sheer luxury.
Sylvia

Anonymous said...

    Hope you and Andrea enjoyed your day.  Sending prayers in your friend's direction .... Tina      http://journals.aol.com/onemoretina/Ridealongwithme