Sunday, October 9, 2005

Good Sunday Morning

I don't know how Sunday got here so fast!  It seems like we just left camp meeting and here it is Sunday again.  Andrea has gone off  to Sunday School and we are home getting ready for church.  I miss our home church when we aren't there. 

More disasters this week.  A huge earthquake in Pakistan/India and another earthquake coming on the heels of a hurricane in San Salvadore.  Wow!  The world needs prayer now.  The Lord says in His word:

2 Chron 7:14 "If My people, who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

We can do that for the rest of the world.  We can stand in the gap for them and ask God to step in and heal the land.  In fact, we need to do that.  As we pray, the Lord hears and our intercession means a lot to him.  We pray for our friends and loved ones, but when people are far away, or worshipping in another way, we tend to forget to pray for them.  They need our prayer desperately.  We may not be able to go to them, but we can ask the Lord to place Christians in their paths.  We can pray for their safety.  We can truly seek His face.  That's what it's all about. 

I have a list of people and places I pray for every day.  It's important to me to do so.  The Lord has already heard those prayers most of the time, but He wants to hear from me.  My prayers are a sweet perfume unto Him and they never leave His presence.  When I sing, He doesn't hear my discord, He hears me praising Him.  I sing a lot.  I'm sure people watching me drive down the road singing must think I'm crazy or into rock and roll.  I'm rockin' all right!  Rockin' in the joy of the Lord.

This is the day Christians have set aside for Him.  I will rest in Him today and praise His name.

Be blessed this day,

No comments: