Sunday, September 4, 2005

SUNDAY SEVEN?

From Patrick's Place, here are the Sunday Seven:

Here, in alphabetical order, are The Seven Deadly Sins

Anger is manifested in the individual who spurns love and opts instead for fury. It is also known as Wrath.

Envy is the desire for others' traits, status, abilities, or situation.

Gluttony is an inordinate desire to consume more than that which one requires.

Greed is the desire for material wealth or gain, ignoring the realm of the spiritual. It is also called Avarice or Covetousness.

Lust is an inordinate craving for the pleasures of the body.

Pride is excessive belief in one's own abilities, that interferes with the individual's recognition of the grace of God. It has been called the sin from which all others arise. Pride is also known as Vanity.

Sloth is the avoidance of physical or spiritual work.


THIS WEEK'S QUESTION:
Rank the seven sins in the order that you most often commit them, one being the sin you're usually most guilty of, seven being the sin you're usually least guilty of.

1. Anger - Irish temper, I guess

2. Gluttony

3.  Envy

4. Pride

5. Sloth

6. Greed

7.  Lust

This was a tough list for me to make.  I spend my life as a Christian trying to avoid these things.  The tough part?  Telling myself the truth.  Yes, they are still in my life to some greater or lesser degree.  Darn.  Now you go play. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know, it was SO hard for me to do them too!  But you're right, it's best to be honest with yourself, above everything else :)  I guess that's WHY it made it so hard -winks-
Hugs,
xo
Heather

Anonymous said...

Lust would probaly be the FIRST on my list!!
Love, lisa

Anonymous said...

You are not getting me to do this one, lol.  At least not in a public journal!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I thought this was tough too - and you're right, the truth is hard to put into perspective sometimes!  http://journals.aol.com/pixiedustnme/Inmyopinion/entries/1260

Anonymous said...

That's tough!!!! I'm filing this one for my own inclusion!! Kudo's to you for being honest!!! Penny

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this entry... I know I've probably had a struggle or two from time to time with all these and hope none overtake me by the mercy, grace and power of God and His Holy Spirit.  
Lisa