Saturday, September 3, 2005

SATURDAY MORNING

                                

And this was yesterday!  Can't believe that we've had two such busy and stressful days at work.  My job is the epitome of no-stress jobs.  I mean it.  Most of the time, my work is finished an hour after I get in and the rest of the day is time to read and compute.  Well, a few customers come in, but it's so laid back.

I won't go into it all.  It won't make sense to you anyway.  I came home Thursday and wanted nothing more than to have an immediate relationship with my jammies and pillow.  Last night, I came in ready for the same and Rob reminded me that it was our first cell group meeting.  I couldn't miss that.  And I'm glad I didn't.  It's amazing how a time of prayer will refresh a tired body and mind.

This morning I'm going to work again.  Today is my "Friday" this week.  I'm grateful for my job.  We can have some of the things we want because of it.  I told them I had not had a job in 18 years and they laughed and asked what I called being a missionary to children in Mexico. 

"That," I said, "was the most exhausting and rewarding pleasure of my life.  Definitely not a job, but a privilege." 

For today, I am a working mom and wife, proud American and happy to be all of those things.

Be blessed today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great day, and a wonderful weekend :)!
Hugs,
xoxo
Heather

Anonymous said...

What a great entry...you are so full of compassion. I hope you arent too busy at work and can come home and relax! Love, lj

Anonymous said...

Life is beautiful, indeed !!  Tina

Anonymous said...

Penny, you are a treasure!  You bestow your riches on all of those you know!  Thank you!  <<HUGS>>
~Miss O