Thursday, October 28, 2004

Weekend Assignment #31

Three years ago, my friend Celeste held her own funeral services.  She said she hates to miss anything, so she invited friends and relatives to "bring a dish" and share her life.  It was wonderful.  Much better than the sadness one feels when sharing memories of times with a recently lost loved one.

She didn't write her eitaph, however, so for extra credit first I will write hers and then my own.

Celeste, Celeste, beloved friend

Didn’t give up until the end.

 

Here lies Penny, salt of the earth

Only her love for life exceeded her girth

 

And for another “love”:

 

Oh, my dearest I miss you so

I can’t figure out where you did go

What will I do now ‘til the end

They said you died when I hit “send”

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my journal.  Yours looks like it will be fun to get to know.

Anonymous said...

I would have never thought of doing something like that!  It sounds like a great idea...

Be blessed.......Trina